Chapter 24: A King's Remorse

"It doesn't matter if I write this as an entry. No one will ever read this, but hopefully if there's someone reading this... Taeyeon... she... I should have waited for the infant's tear. My love... she died.... The Coronation is being delayed but it will happen today October 13." King Min paused and from the corner of his eyes he watched for any type of reaction his earlier words could have triggered on King Seung Hyun's face. A very thick silence engulfed the throne room until King Min resumed reading. "I fought with Ji Yong after he saw Taeyeon's lifeless body, he realized that Taeyeon died because of m-" King Jeon's angered face was slowly consumed with confusion. "What are you reading?" Interrupted the older King with a question in a calm tone yet the anger hidden between words was as clear as a morning sky with no clouds and only rays of sunlight illuminated it.

"The truth. What you should have known before you brutally assassinated sorcerers." King Min answered before he resumed reading once again with no intention to stop.

"...And we began chanting spells against each other until Jeon stopped us. Jeon saw Ji Yong's body beside Taeyeon's and Jeon lost his humanity against us. Ji Yong is being blamed for this; for my mistake. Jeon is killing all the sorcerers out there. We're now being hunted, I write this for anyone who found my study. If someone is reading this, and Min Sae actually escaped and gave birth. Her infant is the last hope for those of our kind. To the person who might be reading this, please do me a favor. Give this letter to King Min, he'll give this letter to Jeon Seung Hyun; he should listen to Min. Let Seung Hyun know it was only MY selfish reason to charm Taeyeon, Ji Yong had nothing to do with this, and this was my sin; sorcerers do not have fault in this, it is only I. My body is giving up on me as I write this, please... Seung Hyun, if you were ever truly my best friend, Ji Yong's best friend, Sa Guk's friend, Min Sae's friend, Taeyeon's lover, and ...you were going to be the godfather of Ji Yong's and Min Sae's infant, please for all the good memories you shared with sorcery and all of our kind, forgive them even if this sin was my fault. Hate me and despise me but the sorcerers are innocent. Farewell, -Park Dong Hae." Yoongi's hands slowly lowered the letter and he moved his legs so he could sit straight in the throne seat.

Regret? Did Seung Hyun feel regret after hearing King Min read the letter? Only a flash of pain appeared in his eyes and they watered for a split second. Once an arrow is shot, it pierces and breaks its target; that same feeling was what King Jeon was experiencing at this moment. His dark chocolate brown eyes portrayed the same love for Taeyeon after all these years; he hadn't heard that name in a really long time. Those scars that never healed are opening and that letter is breaking him and tearing him apart but only that all those emotions are eating him up inside him; his face remains stoic and void of emotion even though his heart is screaming. "It was all Dong Hae's fault, Ji Yong never killed Taeyeon." Finally, Yoongi breaks the thick silence as he crosses his legs and keeps his stare on King Jeon. "She still died." In a very low mumble and through gritted teeth King Jeon raised his head and stared right through King Min's gaze.

"Dong Hae killed Taeyeon. You killed all sorcerers for that, Min Sae died after giving birth to Jimin, Ji Yong cursed Jungkook but died after cursing him and the last... Jimin broke Jungkook's curse because they love each other, do you really want to keep making them suffer? Jungkook loves Jimin, he forgave him for the curse; they deserve to be happy. Why can't you let them be?" King Min's calm tone in his voice did not match his eyes and that gesture assured King Jeon about how much his actions were hurting them.

The doors of the throne room opened and through them, the raven-orbs of Prince Jungkook appeared. The raven-haired prince gently carried the sorcerer in his arms as the silver-haired male rested his head against the prince's warm chest. Jimin's body was still weak and ever since the Queen told them the news, his right hand hasn't left his stomach. "Jimin!" King Min stood up from the throne seat, leaving the letter in the throne and ran in direction of the raven-haired prince who carried the sorcerer. Behind the two lovers, the prince of Ilsan slowly walked beside them only to stop and stand in front of them protectively from any action against King Jeon. The King of Daegu rushed his way to the sorcerer and with worry evident in his eyes, his gaze softened when he saw the gazes exchanged between the lovers. "Yoongi?" Jimin's eyes turned and his lips curved a smile when he saw his friend and surprise was unmistakably present in his gaze on the King of Daegu.

"You saved him, Thank you Jungkook." Yoongi relieved a small smile for the first time in all day and his hands wanted to hold Jimin's for a moment but when he lifted them he saw the sorcerer's hand on top of his stomach. "I'm not sick Yoongi..." Jimin's soft voice spoke and his eyes sparkled with hope. Jungkook's pink lips curved in a smile as he made eye contact with the King of Daegu. "He's not sick. He's..." The raven-haired prince felt the glare his father was giving him from the corner of his eye but the prince's gaze was on King Min. "He can't use magic King Min. The Universe made a miracle possible." Jungkook continued as he felt the tears built in his eyes; such a miracle indeed. The impossible was happening to him and his lover and all these loving emotions were now being shared between friends.

"I'm with child." Jimin's plump lips formed a smile and he gently massaged his clothed stomach until he saw Yoongi's eyes soften with every ounce of sincere love for a friend. "A miracle indeed. Wait until Hobi finds out." The pitch-black haired young King's head slowly turned back until he met the King of Busan's glare. "You heard that right? Jimin is with child. The child will be a sorcerer with Jeon's blood, do you want to end such a lovely and pure bond? At least let your son live with the love you never had. Park Dong Hae and Park Ji Yong are dead, you can't change that, but you can let Jimin live along with the future sorcerers' lineage." Yoongi held Jimin's hand on top of his stomach for a few seconds until Jungkook spoke.

"Father, Let us leave the past behind." The raven-haired prince begged; all his earlier anger against his father long faded because of the joyful news of his lover.

"I only wanted what was best for you my son. Love..." King Jeon scoffed but all the young men could understand what the King was trying to say. "I guess love failed me. I was blinded by my hatred, Taeyeon did not deserve to die and I let hate cloud my judgment. He was right... I shouldn't have killed them. Thank you Min, you're just like your father, always looking for the better answer and being quick-witted." King Jeon chuckled before turning around completely and his eyes finally portrayed the gaze a father should have on his son.

"Jungkook... Do you really love him?"

"Yes. With every fiber in my being, with every ounce of strength I have, with every drop of the blood, sweat, and tears I've shed all these years, my heart beats for him and now it beats for our miracle." Jungkook confessed softly yet firmly, his heart almost beating out of his chest.

"Park Jimin, Do you love my son Prince Jeon Jungkook of Busan?" King Jeon's gaze on the sorcerer was almost broken; he heard every beat his heart made and no sweat formed in his body. He saw the firm gaze his son had on him as he asked the question and he knew he would break after the sorcerer spoke. "Yes." Jimin's eyes teared up when his eyes landed on his lover's. "I love you more than my love for sorcery, you made the impossible possible. Thank you Jungkook-ah." At those words, King Jeon's eyes spilt the ocean for the first time since the night of the tragedy. "Park Jimin, I hereby lift your death sentence and declare sorcery performable once again. A crypt shall be made to honor all sorcerers who lost their lives. And, Park Jimin shall live in the Castle along with his lover Prince Jeon Jungkook. My deeply condolences for my previous actions towards you Jimin, I hope that one day in the far future you will forgive this insolent man." King Jeon knelt on the floor with clear liquid tears running down his cheeks and he bowed his head until it touched the floor.

"You finally became a noble King." Jimin slowly formed a small smile but he still felt hurt; it would take a lot of time for the sorcerer to forgive the King of Busan.