35.

"You have grown up well Nana", he said a sad smile on his face as he looked at me.

I was so stunned, I couldn't react. I met him when I was young and I didn't know he was my father.

"You..", I raised my finger at him.

He nodded. "I am indeed the man that got you home when you were young"

I looked down as tears rolled down my eyes. Beside me Taehyung looked at me, confused himself until things started making sense to him. SeokJin was always around Nana that is why he stepped in whenever she was in trouble.

At that time when she was young and now when the demons attacked. He never revealed himself but stayed and protected her like a guiding angel looking over his child.

I looked up to see the man step towards me. He was tall, even taller than Taehyung. Seeing him, I could see myself in him. The eyes, the plump lips - we shared the same features.

Suddenly a thought went off in my mind as I saw his broad shoulders. He was the one who stepped in to fight the demons that day in Ilsan. But I only saw his back then, so I couldn't recognize him.

He took my hands in his as he wiped my cheeks. "I am sorry Nana, I was never around. I couldn't give you a normal childhood like other kids did. But I promise you, I haven't missed anything about you growing up. I was always around to see you. I have seen you win that poetry competition when you were in high school, fall on your butt during the group dance in grade 6, throw up the alcohol you tried for the first time at your classmate's house. I sat beside you when you slept on trains and followed you to make sure you reached home when it got dark. I must not have been there physically but in the shadows, I have always tried and been a good father to you. And I could never forgive myself for being the reason you thought your family didn't love you growing up. But my child, you will always be the one I have loved the most"

I was a sobbing mess at this point as I heard everything he said. He opened his arms and I hugged him tightly as he rested his head on mine while I continued to cry.

Taehyung's eyes met SeokJin's as the two kept looking at each other. Initially Taehyung hadn't warmed up to the idea of meeting SeokJin but seeing how important it was for Nana, he decided to tag along.

"I couldn't be around because my presence put you in danger", he said to me while I was still hugging him. "There were people around me who wouldn't have thought once before they used you as a bait to get at me. I did not want anything to happen to you. That is why I never revealed myself"

"Once", I said through muffled tears. "Just once you could have shown yourself. Assured me that I had someone who I could call my father. Why did you let me live all the while thinking of you as someone who just used my mother and left?"

"I am sorry", he said once again. "I am sorry"

Hoseok wiped a tear as he watched this reunion. He had seen Jin all these years, aching to see his daughter and now that they were finally together, he couldn't help but be a little emotional.

"We should go in now", he said separating himself fro me. "Its cold outside"

I nodded and wiped my cheeks. I looked at Taehyung who removed his car keys. "I will get going now. Let me know when you want to come back home Nana, I will come pick you and Hoseok"

I ran upto him as I stopped him. "Stay please"

"Nana, I cannot. I..."

"For me", I pleaded with my eyes. I knew he did not get along with my father but now that we were together, I was determined to solve things between them.