Chapter 18- Your Yoda I Will Be

Sawyer's POV:

"What do you mean, you're not picking me up?!", I screeched into the phone at the hazel-eyed boy on the other line. "You always pick me up!"

"I know, I just can't today.", he sighed.

"Fine, I'll get a ride from Allie.", I snapped, using my nickname for Allison, before hanging up on him, and angrily dialing my other friend's number. 

The brunette picked up almost immeadiately with a chirpy voice, "Hey! What's up, Sawyer?"

"Could you give me a ride to school today? Stiles bailed on me.", I answered, much less enthusiastic than her.

"Sure, I'll be over in ten!", she hung up, leaving me to get ready. It's a comfy kind of day, I thought to myself, pulling a pair of yoga pants over my legs, and my older brother's old Beacon Hills lacrosse jersey from when he played in high school. He's going to college now, I miss him a lot, but at least my tiny, nine-year-old sister, Ava was still here with me. She's the most adorable little kid you'll ever meet, with her bubbly personality, wavy brown hair, and sparkling doe eyes, she looked like a spitting image of me, except she's cuter. Anyways, the jersey was huge so I tied it in a knot in the back before using a second hair tie to pull my hair into a ponytail. 

My phone made a beeping noise, notifying me that I had a text. I'm here -Allie. I rushed outside, slipping my uggs, well knock off uggs if I'm being honest, and hopped in Allison's car. We briefly greeted each other, driving off to school since we were already running a little late. 

"Thanks for the ride!", I called to her, running off to first period, where I was going to tell Stiles off for leaving me to find another ride on such short notice. He was already slumped down in his chair, a frown etched upon his face. I threw a sarcastic comment his way, "The ride was really appreciated Stiles, thank you so much."

"Oh save it, Sawyer.", he mumbled aggitated, his mind wandering somewhere else. I was a bit taken back by his harsh tone, blinking a few times before sinking into my seat. He sighed, rubbing his neck, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you." I only glared at him in response. What the hell is with him today?!

"Hi Scott.", I waved slightly at him as he took his seat behind Stiles. 

"Hi Sawyer. Stiles, are you still not talking to me?", asked, looking at the boy in front of him. Stilinski kept his head straight forward, completely ignoring Scott. 

"What's got you in such a bad mood today?! Is it your time of the month or something?!", I whisper-shouted at him, wanting to know why he was pissed off at both me and Scott.

"Well, our little werewolf friend over here let my dad get hit by a car.", he sneered at Scott, although he was talking to me.

I started to panic,"Oh my god! Is he okay?!" Wow, I'm a total bitch, I was mad at Stiles for not picking me up, but he was probably just worried about his dad!

"Just some soft tissue damage, right? Nothing serious?", Allison's boytoy asked softly, sounding sincerely sorry. Stiles continued to ignore him. "You know I feel really bad about this right?" Silence. "What if I told you I'm trying to figure this all out, and I went to Derek for help." 

That's what cracked Stiles Stilinski, mystery, "If I was talking to you, I would say you're an idiot for trusting him, but obviously I'm not talking to you right now." Only a few seconds into class, Stiles was fidgeting at his desk.

"Just ask him.", I whispered, grinning at how he was just itching for answers.

The boy's body snapped around faster than I could blink, finally giving in, "What did he say?"

"La Bete De Guevadon.", Allie read aloud.

"The what of who?", I raised my eyebrows, tilting my head in confusion.

"The Beast of Guevadon! Listen-", Allison started rambling on about her history project, and I basically zoned out, staring at Stiles and Scott a few tables over. I could hear Lydia murmuring 'boring' to everything Allison said.

"So what? Your ancestors killed a big wolf.", she poked around at her salad.

"Not just a big wolf, what does this look like to you?", Allie opened the book, showing us a picture of a gigantic creature with beady red eyes. Lydia recognized it, I could tell by the way she looked terrified.

"It looks like a big wolf.", she sassed strutting away. Allison dove straight back into her family history, forgetting I was even there. Sighing quietly, I found my way to the two dorks over at the other table. 

"Your yoda I will be!", Stiles exclaimed, smiling wildly. If there was anything that boy loved more than Lydia Martin, it was Star Wars. "See, I said it backwa-"

"I know.", Scott rolled his eyes.

"YEP. OH YEAH, DEFINITELY STILL HATE YOU!", he shot up from the table, grabbing mmy wrist and dragging my away. 

"Stiles, what the hell are we doing?!", I screamed, yanking my wrist away from his grip until I got my explanation.

"We're helping Scott learn control.", the nerd deadpanned.

"I meant how, dumbass!", I said, trying to surpress my laughter, but that didn't work out so well.

"You're job is to sneak into coach's office, and take his phone.", he told me, using crazy hand gestures.

"Are you kidding me?! What if I get caught?!"

"You won't. I have to go get something from the office too, but just find his phone okay?", Stiles pleaded with me.

Weighing my options of theft or not being able to help my friends, I picked the lock on the door with a bobby pin stuck in my hair to hold up my bangs. This plan better work, or I'm going to kill Stiles if I'm not dead first.