Chapter 11

(Continued from Chapter 10) Scarecrows POV~

I scowled at Jonathan's comment. Let me do my work. I heard loud clicking from the hall. The girls. Harley started squealing and doing cartwheels toward Joker. I smiled as I saw Crow walk over with a bag full of cash.

"Perfect amount." She said swinging the bag over her shoulder. I nodded. Eddie looked over at Crow longingly. That little nerd is- Scarecrow relax, I'll deal with him. Let me handle it.. Eddie noticed my glare through the mask and stopped staring at Crow. Good.

   "This is Gotham Police! You are all under arrest!" I heard Crow stifle a laugh. There's a loud crash of glass from above us. I looked up to see a black figure falling to the ground.

   " The Batman has come to join us I see," I mocked.

     "Hello old friend!" Joker said grabbing his gun. Batman stared at all of us.

     "You're missing someone," he grunted. Harley gasped.

      "Jeez Harls relax," Poison Ivy said patting her back. Crows missing. Improvise, she knows what she's doing.

      "If you're talking about Crow, you're right. Harvey paid her a little visit and it didn't go so well." I saw Crow by a corner behind Batman. What IS she doing?

      "Stop making excuses, you're covering her since she's your puppet." I felt the anger boil up.

     "She is not my puppet Batman, and if you want to feel fear, be my guest." I whipped out my fear toxin and sprayed him. Nothing..He has an antidote. I felt a blow to my face and I flew backwards. I saw Crow lung at Batman and tackled him to the ground.

She clawed his mask and part of his face was revealed. He clutched her waist and lifted her up. Harley ran towards Batman with her mallet in hand. I looked at Crow and saw that Batman was crushing her ribs like a rag doll. "Jonathan!" She screamed.

~End of continued part~

Jonathan's P.O.V.

Hearing her scream my name made me get out of Scarecrows control. I slowly got up dealing with the pain in my back. My head was spinning but I need to get Crow.

Crows P.O.V.~

My ribs! Jonathan.. I felt one of my ribs crack. "Jonathan!" I screamed. Batman didn't look me in the face, coward. Doesn't want to see the pain he's causing someone to have. He decided to look at me. A quarter of his face is visible. He looks so familiar...He clutched my throat and held me up high. I can hear my heart beat softly..I can feel the blood rushing through my skin, I can barely see my friends and Jonathan. Batman dropped me and pain rushed through my whole body.

"Crow its okay, we're right here," Red cooed. Her and Cat picked me up. I flinched as my body shifted to be carried. I saw Eddie swing his cane at Batman's head but got sucker punched. Joker threw a bomb at Batman to distract him while he started dragging Eddie down the steps of the building. "Well he's bound to become dumb," Red muttered as we watched Eddies body smack against the cement as he was dragged.

Where's Jonathan? My eyes were growing heavy..I forced my eyes to stay wide and full to see. My vision was clear enough for me to see Jonathan's body figure running out of the building. I smiled weakly as he neared the van. "Hurry..we don't have all day.." Eddie groaned.

    "Hurry,"My voice rasped. The pain is getting worse, my voice is quiet and pitchy.. Jonathan most likely didn't hear me.

Or maybe not. He started running faster. "Let's get ready to-" Cat was cut off by gun shots. My eyes widened in terror. Did they get him? I turned to see Jonathan starting to limp.

   "Go!" He yelled.

     "Alright you heard him," Joker said starting up the van. I started to inch my body towards the door. I reached out my hand and beckoned Jonathan to come. He removed his mask and slowly shook his head.

      "Please.." I rasped. He held his head high and looked behind him. The police were starting to walk towards him.

"Say bye bye," Joker said starting to drive.

    "Jonathan!" I screamed. At that moment I felt my ribs crack more and I cried out.

    "Shh...Harley get her some water," Red commanded.

    Harley crawled over and gave me a small smile, "Here ya go." Red tilted my head to drink from the bottle.

    "Are you okay, princess?" Eddie asked scooting closer. I nodded. "Jonathan will be fine, once you heal we'll get him," he assured me. I gave him a small smile. I can only hope.
Cat said I "needed" good medical attention so Joker took us to see Victor.

      "Let's get ya a blanket, its freezin' in there," Harley said starting to wrap a thick blanket around me.

      I smiled, "Thank ya Harls." She smiled and nodded.

      "Open up Santa!" Joker yelled as he banged on the door. A cool blast of air came from the door as it opened.

        "Its nice to see you Napier, what do you want?" Victor asked.

        "Johnny's girl got her ribs crushed by the Batman," He explained. Victor looked over at me and nodded.

       "I see, well come in." We all stepped, well I was carried, into Mr. Freezes' hideout. "Set her on the table over there, I'll go grab some bandages."

Eddie and Red hoisted me up onto the table as instructed. "Cat, spy on the cops will ya?"

      "I don't think I need to, they're taking him to Arkham," she smirked.

      "You can't be so sure, Selina. They might take him to the station to ask some questions," Eddie remarked.

       "Nosy cops, they'll ask him about you and him, about us, what we planned to do with the money," Red spat," I wish they were all buried alive in dirt."

     " That could be arranged," Joker said grinning.

Victor came back with a suitcase. "I'll need to see where and how the bones are damaged then depending on the amount of damage, I might give you some shots or laughing gas. I'll use my tools to move some of the pieces if possible and I'll wrap some bandages around it."

     "Thank you," I said softly. He nodded and began taking out supplies. Harley and the others sat at the living room watching from afar. I gave them a thumbs up and stared at the celling as Victor inspected my wound.

He rubbed his forehead. "Laughing gas is the best option for you, unless you think you can handle the pain," he advised.

     "I can deal with it," I stated.

      "Alright, if you start to go through too much I'm using laughing gas no ifs, ands, or buts," He said sternly. I nodded. Victor cracked his knuckles and pulled on some gloves. Don't be a baby, you can do this I've been through worse anyways. Victor grabbed some tools, this is gonna hurt.

Jonathan's P.O.V~

    I heard Jackie scream my name and I looked to the ground. I'm sorry. The officers and Commissioner Gordon handcuffed me and threw me into the police car. I sighed. My arm and leg were hit, not too bad. I wonder how Jackie is. She's probably with Mr. Freeze getting healed. I nodded in agreement.

   I started to cringe at the memory of Jackie being crushed in pain by Batman. I will have my revenge Batman. A sly smile formed on my face as the officers drove me to Arkham. Eddie will get me out tomorrow. Until then, we will be planning our revenge. They threw me in my cell telling me a doctor will tend to me soon. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes.

I love you Jackie, I swear I'll see you soon, be well.