Chapter 33: Isabella's P.O.V

I threw the front door open. Storming into the house, I shrugged my jacket off my shoulders and kicked my shoes onto the shoe rack. Joseph came running in behind me, slightly out of breath.

"Izzy. Please. I'm sorry. What happened? Tell me." He begged, trying to grab my arm. I slapped him away and ran through the kitchen to the stairs, ignoring anyone that was there.

As I got into my bedroom, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and put it on charge. I sat down on my bed and put my head in my hands. Sighing, I looked up again as I heard a creek outside my door and saw Joseph standing there, looking slightly worried. I got up and slammed the door shut in his face. Idiot.

I composed myself and walked over to my wardrobe while I waited for my phone to charge. I took the handle in my hand and held it there for a second or two before I yanked it open and saw the goddamn thing staring at me. My sketch book. I took a quick look back at my phone, hoping it would be charged, but, surprise surprise, it wasn't.

It's like, when I'm bored, it's luring me towards it, whispering for me to pick it up. I don't want to, but I am. It's sits there, it's plain, black cover peeking out past the clothes on top of it that have fallen from their hangers.

I push them away and pick my book up. I can hear it talking to me, all these creative ideas swirling around my head. It's telling me to pick up a pencil and put it to the page. It's telling me draw and pour all my thoughts and emotions onto the page.

Suddenly, I screamed and dropped the book like it was on fire. I just filled with hatred all of a sudden for... for... everything. I hated school, I hated Jason and Alexis for leaving me, I hated Felix for letting me go to school, I hated Joseph for caring, I hared Mum for leaving me, I hated Dad for.... for not being Dad.

What is my purpose in this life? Were things truly going to get better? Or not at all? What's that saying?

Things get worse before they get better.

Yeah right. It only gets worse for me.

And so, instead of calming down and thinking rationally about this, I threw open my window. I picked up my phone. I looked at it and saw five miss calls. Two from Lexi and three from Jason. I swung my legs over the edge of the window and sat there for a moment. And before I could change my mimd, I jumped down and landed smoothly on my feet.

The cold, green grass soaked my socks and tickled my ankles. I cursed to myself for not thinking to put shoes on first. I tiptoed through the neatly cut grass and onto the pavement, where it jabbed at my feet and I cursed again. This was going to be more difficult than I thought.

I decided to man-up and started jogging away from my house. After about 5 minutes, I stopped and bent over to take a rest and catch my breath. I heard footsteps walking towards me and ignored them like all the others that had walked past. But then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. People just had to interfere, didn't they?

"Miss, are you okay?"

Shit, it was Jason. I waved my hand dismissively at him, hoping he'd go away. He didn't. Why was he here anyway?

"Wait, Iz, is that you?" He pulled me up and brushed my hair out of my face. "Jesus, what the hell are you doing here?"

I shook my head at him and pushed him away gently. He frowned in confusion and his arms fell to his side. I started to walk away from him, hoping he'd leave me alone.

"Izzy, wait. What's happened? I was just coming to see you."

I stopped. He sounded so sad, confused, caring. And suddenly all my anger towards him was gone. Because I- I love this boy. Yeah, I love him.