One

Emil stood waiting on the roof of the old avengers building in New York City

Emil stood waiting on the roof of the old avengers building in New York City. The summer wind was colder up here and it ruffled his hair as he surveyed the city below. He reached up and adjusted the mask covering the lower part of his face, rolling down the feel the evening sun on his skin. The mask resembled black material and was connected to the neck of his suit. Shuri had preformed wonderfully when creating his suit. It was skintight black leather reinforced with metal and designed to limit his expelled energy. Blue designs decorated the edges, swirls and arrows highlighting his body's lines. Across his waist was a belt holding numerous knives and a retractable staff which could absorb kinetic energy during a fight. Emil had owned the suit for a year but he still felt extremely cool whenever he wore it. Shuri had designed everything, apart from the belt, to retract into a silver chocker  that Emil could wear under his everyday clothes. She was honestly a genius, not that he'd ever tell her that, she would become so smug.

Relaxing in the breeze, Emil teleported with a pop onto the landing pad of the old Avengers floor. Two years ago, when Tony Stark had offered Peter a place on the avengers, the billionaire had offered Emil an award for helping Peter capture the Vulture. Of course, he couldn't yet offer Emil a place on the avengers (which Peter had declined anyway), ignoring the fact that all Emil's family were current fugitives wanted by said avengers and Emil himself was an ex-assassin and son of the winter soldier. Instead, Mr Stark had (anonymously) sold the top floor of Stark tower to a upcoming property investor known as James Rogers. (Tony pretended to ignore the fact that James Rogers was Emil's business alias, and that the name was literally just his father's first name and Steve's second name combined). After that, Emil had moved in and completely dominated the floor. He had his own apartment, swimming pool, home cinema, party room, studio, and multiple guest apartments. It was by far the biggest and safest place Emil had ever lived. It began to serve as the main head quarters for the trio of teen supers to hang out. Peter called it The Web, whilst Shuri had recently referred to it as Lab 2.

"Waiting for your boyfriend?" Speak of the devil, Shuri's voice drifted across the landing pad, disrupting Emil from his thoughts. She closed the balcony door behind her and came over to join him looking over the edge. She was currently enjoying what she called 'a holiday' and had gotten him to teleport her here, only for her to commandeer one of his apartments and set up a fully functional lab within Stark's old suit building space. He had a suspicion that she had pranked T'Challa or caused some sort of chaos in Wakanda as the vacation had been unexpectedly sudden. She just said that she was looking for a area to set up one of the rapidly forming Wakanda centres, but Emil guessed that she was just looking for an excuse to see (and tease about) his daily life.

"Yeah" Emil muttered. "He's late, probably forgot about the Spanish homework due for tomorrow". He smiled fondly as he remembered himself reminding him about that homework that morning. The said homework was needed to be able to go on the school trip next week and Peter had left it until the last minute again.

Shuri laughed, "you two are so sappy. It makes me glad that I'm leaving in the morning, don't have to deal with your love doves behaviour".

"Hey, We're not that bad", Emil defended. He broke off as Peter swung up on to the landing pad. He stumbled a bit on the landing before righting himself and jogging over. Emil's face broke into a smile.

"Hey", Peter panted as he pulled off his mask. "Sorry I'm late, forgot about the Spanish homework". Emil rolled his eyes as Peter wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him into a quick kiss. Shuri snorted and muttered 'not that bad' under her breath at the public display of affection.

"Hey Shuri", Peter greeted as they pulled away slightly, but keeping their arms around each other's waists. "How are you? You need any help packing?"

Shuri smiled warmly back at him. Emil swore that she liked Peter more than him. "Thanks for the offer but don't worry about it. I've already finished".

"Oh okay", Peter nodded and turned back to Emil. "Aunt May said I could spend the night. She's going out to a party with her coworkers tonight".

"Cool", Emil grinned. "We could do a popcorn night". He always loved it when Peter stayed. In fact he had offered for May and Peter an apartment but the two of them were comfortable in their little apartment and graciously declined. Instead, Peter stayed over every Friday night and Emil stayed at his on Sunday nights, knowing that Emil for all his sarcasm and grumbling particularly enjoyed having company. Besides, Emil couldn't cook to save his life and May always fretted that the boy would starve by himself. It was honestly rather adorable how May had sort of adopted Emil after she had discovered about their secret identities. She worried about almost as much as she did about Peter.

"I'll make the popcorn and choose the movie", Shuri volunteered. "You two just go and patrol already". They looked over towards the evening sun and the city below.

"No romcoms", Emil requested as he pulled up his mask and began to check his belt . Shuri sighed impatiently and shoved her hands forward,  knocking Emil from behind and sending him stumbling over the edge of the landing pad with a gasp.

Peter turned and gave her a reproachful look. She shrugged innocently. "What? You two were taking forever".

"That doesn't mean you have to shove him", Peter sighed. He turned and pointed at her, "If he dies, I blame you", before pulling on his mask and diving after his falling boyfriend.

"Gay white boys are such drama queens", Shuri muttered as she watched them fall. She waited a moment before turning and heading inside.

The wind whistled past Peter's ears as he fell, the familiar adrenaline thrilling his senses. This was a move that they had practised many times. He turned so that his back was to the approaching ground and waited for the flash of light. Emil appeared in the air above him with a gleeful whoop and they collided midair, Peter catching Emil around the waist and shooting out a web. The web caught and the both of them swung out of their fall only a few feet from the evening traffic.

Emil crowed as they swung through the city, Peter answering him with a shout of "yeah!" He relaxed his arms around from Peter's shoulders and let himself drop to hold on to his ankles as they flew like a pair of trapeze artists. Whilst teleporting was fun, he had to admit that swinging through the air was better.  Below them, people pointed and took out their phones. Emil spotted a family, obviously tourists, who were gaping up at them. He let go of Peter's ankles and teleported next to them. The boy, who was no more than four, giggled and clapped his hands as Emil waved at him before disappearing with a blue flash.

"You are such a sap", Peter chuckled across the coms, catching Emil out of the air again. Emil wrapped his arms around his neck and scowled at him beneath his mask.

"Shut up. I was just making their trip memorable".

"You're so cute", Peter cooed as they landed on a roof of an apartment complex. Emil blushed and narrowed his blue eyes at him.

"Am not. I'm badass".

"Adorable".

"Still taller than you", Emil retorted, eyes glittering teasingly. It was Peter's turn to scowl.

"Shut up", he replied as they swung off over the city. The two of them could be heard teasing and taunting each other through their patrol. It was quiet, mostly muggers and one bank robbery which was over quickly. After a few hours they returned to the web where Shuri had buttery popcorn and 'Mamma mia' set up in the cinema.

Unedited