Ch. 43

Ginny sighed impatiently as she realized that her bottle of vodka was not coming to her and she continued walking slowly along the beach. She had already passed the cabins and was making her way along the rest of the beach, not really caring where she ended up at that moment. She just needed to get away from everyone.

"Hey!"

She looked over her shoulder and saw Theo catching up to her with her bottle in his hands. Scowling at him, she said, "So you're the reason I'm still sober."

They both stopped and he gestured towards her with the bottle. "Want some help drinking this?"

That caught her off guard. She stared at him and he simply smiled before continuing on: "If you give me a moment, I'll go grab some mixers and a couple glasses."

After a few moments she nodded and he turned to jog back to his cabin, and she shifted her weight from one foot to another while she waited. She didn't have to wait long as he reappeared a minute later with two glasses in one hand and a bottle of what looked like orange juice tucked underneath his arm.

He smiled as he stopped in front of her and asked, "So. Where are we going?"

"I don't really know," She shrugged. "I was just going to walk as far as I could and then start drinking."

"Sounds like a plan. Shall we?"

He gestured towards the beach behind her and she turned around, giving him a confused look while they walked down the beach. He had a slight smile on his face the entire time but she noticed that there was something off from his normal cheeriness. But instead of commenting on it, she continued walking along in silence next to him.

"Well," He announced as they got to the end of the beach, making her jump. "Looks like there's more beach on the other side of the rocks. Do you want to keep going or should we post up here?"

Ginny stepped up on her tiptoes to peer over the rocks, spying a more secluded beach. "I'm okay with going just on the other side of these rocks if you are."

"Sounds good!"

He started climbing and then paused, humming as he thought it through. Then he set down the bottles and glasses on a rock before floating them to the sand on the other beach, and then reached over to offer a hand.

She smirked slightly and disapparated with a pop, appearing behind him not a second later with another pop, causing him to grin.

"Yeah, I supposed I could've done that," He laughed before apparating next to her and conjuring up a towel.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were already drinking," Ginny said with a grin, sitting down on the towel as he sat down next to her.

"Not yet, I'm not." He popped open the bottle of vodka and poured some into each of the glasses before holding up the other bottle. "I hope orange juice is okay."

"Orange juice is perfect," She said.

He filled the rest of the glasses with orange juice and then set everything aside as he leaned back on the towel, taking a drink. She pulled her knees up to her chest, giving him nervous glances now and then as she waited for him to talk. The silence hung in the air between them for what felt like forever until she finally could no longer take it.

"Why did you follow me out here?" She asked, looking over at him.

He took another drink and shrugged. "I thought it was a good idea. You seemed unhappy and with me being the jokester in the group, I figured I was the best one to cheer you up."

"You don't even know what's wrong though," She said.

"Do I need to know what's wrong in order to cheer up a friend?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her.