two.

*quick note: the age of crystal's character changed a little to her being twelve at the time of remi's departure instead of ten.

Every second, every minute
Man I swear that she can get it
| Kendrick Lamar - Poetic Justice

Every second, every minute Man I swear that she can get it| Kendrick Lamar - Poetic Justice

Remi's phone rang loudly by her bedside, making her let out a low groan

Remi's phone rang loudly by her bedside, making her let out a low groan. It was a Friday night and one of her first night's off in weeks. All she wanted to do was catch up on her much needed rest, but it was obvious it wasn't going to go that way.

"Hello?" she groggily answered, not even worried about who was calling her.

"Rem, can you come get me, please," the voice of a fifteen-year old Crystal filled her ears, making her sit up straight and hop out of bed.

"Crys, it's damn near one in the morning, where are you?" Remi spoke with urgency in her voice, slipping on a pair of slides and rushing towards her counter for her keys. Hearing the slight panic in Crystal's voice made her heart start to race.

"My dad is in Canada for the next two weeks on some business trip and mom let me go to a party, but my ride left and I don't know where the hell I'm at," Crystal sounded as if she was on the verge of tears, "And I'm scared as hell Rem. I shared my location with you."

"I'm on my way," Remi rushed out of her apartment, not even caring that she was dressed in a thin white t-shirt, sweat pants, and still had her bonnet secured on her head. Her main priority was getting to her younger sister, and making sure she was safe, "Are you drunk Crys?"

"No, no," Crystal immediately replied, "They keep trying to get me to take drinks, but I'm not taking any."

"Good, if there's a front porch go out there but make sure you're around people," Remi started up her car, putting the phone on speaker and heading to the message her sister had sent. Once she got the exact address from the location, she plugged it into her GPS and was on her way.

"I'm sorry, I know you just got home from work and—" Crystal began to apologize, slightly hyperventilating.

"Crys, my love, I need you to calm down," Remi slightly chuckled, "I didn't work tonight, I'm fine, okay? I'm only ten minutes away, so hold on tight, but don't get off this phone."