Chapter 26 { Afraid of the truth }

Third-person P.O.V

Leo finally made it to the forbidden place in his heart. A place he and Asher lost everything in, a place which forced him to change into some else. even years after that bitter night, it took someone els from him. changing him into the cold, emotionless, merciless monster people now a days recognize him as. He became someone everyone thought will never be blessed with a mate, never to be loved again.

Only after meeting Luna he finally realized people were wrong, he still can be loved, he still got a chance to have someone to love.

But now he was afraid, what if he gonna lose the one he cares most about in this world? His love, his weakness. If there is anything to happen to her, he can't live on.

He soon smelt the scent he never can mistake in his life, his mate scent. He started running towards it and soon he was standing in front of an old house, he crushed the front door and his heart beat got crazy, he felt his heart is breaking into thousand pieces. His mate, his Luna, his life was now pale, tied up to a chair unconscious.

He wasted no time on getting closer, ripping the rope apart and before she could fall on the cold floor he caught her, bringing her closer to himself, holding her close. his heart was beating in his ears, he was scared. he could hear her heartbeat, but they are not as fast as they used to be. He brought her closer if that was possible, comforting the fact she is in his arms. he knew he has to move fast or else he might lose her, the thought he tried to ignore at all costs.

Ignoring everyone around, his men and Alpha William. he got Luna in his arms as he stood up and got outside of the house, he started to run.

Even in his Lycan form, he tried to run full speed, but it seemed like he is much faster than his usual fastest speed. It might be because all being in him knows, the most important person in his life depends on how fast he gonna get her to the hospital.

As soon as he got to his pack hospital he growled and that was enough to make all nurses and doctors come out, but in them all Dr. Hope was the one he trusted the most and Dr. Hope knew that fact himself perfectly as he quickly asked nurses to bring hospital bed to take Luna to emergency room.

And as soon as Leo let Luna go because of her safety, he decided to let Asher take back control, he mind-linked someone to quickly bring him some clothes. Soon enough he shifted back and got changed. he walked towards the emergency room quickly, he waited outside, each seconds was going by felt like a century. He wanted to break the door and get to his mate, but in the meantime he knew the doctors knows what is the best for their patients, and if he act out of line, it might only cause harm for his mate.

He was getting very impatient, walking back and forth in front of the emergency room, waiting for someone to just come out and tell him, his love is fine.

And after what seemed like forever Dr.Hope came out

" Alpha, thanks god, she is out of danger now. I must say she lost a lot of blood, the vampire that drank from her was a total monster. Although she is out of danger now, we don't know when she gonna wake up, she needs time to recover. so please keep an eye on her and don't leave her side " upon hearing what Doctor just said Asher felt relieved, but angry at the meantime

' I swear I will kill that Hunter in a way no one can imagine it' Leo growled seeking revenge, Hunger must pay for what he has done to their mate and Asher couldn't agree more.

He then walked towards the room which Luna suppose to be inside, he walked inside the room watching his mate sleeping with two I.V. On her wrist and arm. He got close enough and sat down on the chair next to the bed. taking Luna hand in his softly, rubbing it before giving it a kiss

" I am sorry, I failed you, but I won't let this ever happen again. " he whispered promisingly. although he knew Luna couldn't hear him, he has to say it.

He kissed her knuckles one more time before touching her head softly. even in this state she looked like the most beautiful girl ever, he felt lucky having her in his life. He planned he would tell her everything as soon as she recovered. He couldn't risk that opportunity, what if someone els tells her before he could tell her? It will make her feel betrayed. He never wanted to do anything that might hurt her in anyway. He just wish, she gonna understand his purpose and the reason why he couldn't tell her the truths before.

He kept staring at her, he can't wait till she gonna open her beautiful eyes again, so he can say he can breath once more.

____________________________

Luna P.O.V

I have been stuck here in this place, I don't even know where I am. It is like a circle of darkness has surrounded me and no matter how much I walk or run I can't get to anywhere, I feel really tired...what have I done to get here?last thing I remember was.. wait was that all a nightmare? I mean there is no way vampire exist and there is no way my parents or Asher would lie to me, I mean they are one of my everything and I trust them with my life, if there is something like that, they would have told me.

I love fantasy, I always wished that they weren't just out imagination, I wished they were to be real. But now I just don't know how to feel anymore, if they are to be true then that would cause me my trust for my loved one, I don't want that to happen.

" don't you think you are thinking too much? There is one way to find out, just ask your beloved fiancé he must answer ,after all, " I heard a familiar voice, who was that?

" oh it is me, you forget me so soon? that makes me feel hurt " I know now, that was him, the man who kidnapped me

" anyways, I must leave now, but I will be back soon for you princess. watch yourself and the people that you are trusting" and I felt him disappeared after that. I don't hope to ever meet you again and I will do whatever it takes to be safe from you.

" Is there anyone? " I asked

"I want to get out of here... someone, please..." I felt like crying, I hate being alone in a dark place like this. if anyone, I wish Asher was here with me, I feel safest with him than I ever felt with anyone else in my entire life. I brought my knees to my chest feeling like I can't be saved from here

" L-Luna..? can you hear me ?" I heard a voice, making me look around immediately.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not, but this is torturing me... it been so long please open your beautiful eyes for me " I know that voice, it is Asher!

I stood up quickly looking around and soon I saw a light from far away, I start walking towards it unsurely. it might be my brain playing tricks with me again.

"I miss you so much, so, so much. you can never imagine, just please... I love you so much .don't do this too me and wake up soon " I then start walk faster and soon I was running to the light that his voice was coming from. I got closer and it became bigger and bigger, I closed my eyes from how sharp the light got and when I opened them again slowly, I was welcomed by a white room