❥ Chapter 55.

Happy Friday guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter.

I've hardly spoken to Issac or Ellie for a week. My days have been filled with cuddling Romeo, watching films and house viewing with dad and Cindy. Adelaide is the only one who can put an instant smile on my face.

I'm trying to be as positive as I can but I've realised how much I relied on Issac. Louise always told me to never rely on someone for happiness and I didn't because I didn't want Issac to be my source of happiness, but I've noticed how happy he does make me. I miss being in his arms, staring at his face, laughing with him over silly things, watching movies with him for hours, ect.

We do everything together and this week I've felt rather alone. I solely want to forgive him just because I love him so much but I can't, I know I can't.

Ellie's test is today and I've decided I'm going to show my face because despite all this I still care, I care about Ellie and this baby. I stare at myself in the mirror. My hair is a high pony tail with a few strands framing my face. I don't wear much makeup because It irritates me after a while, so only a flick of mascara has been used.

I have chosen to wear some black skinny jeans and a creamy white cropped jumper, so I can show off my new belt. I sigh, "Ready to go sweetie?" Mom appears at my door frame, a warm smile forms.

I nod and follow her downstairs. She picks up Romeo causing me to raise my eyebrows. "He'll like a nice ride out" She strokes his head. I laugh, even though Ro is my dog, I think mom has grown rather fond of him.

When we have all of our needed things we head to the car, strapping Romeo in the back and drive off. With every passing tree I become more and more nervous. "Is everything okay honey?" Mom keeps her eyes on the road.

"Yeah" I mumble sheepishly. Mom always knowns when I'm lying, I don't know how, but she does. "C'mon, tell me" The car slowly crawls in the traffic.

"Issac has been lying to me" Tears build up just at the thought. "About what?" Her big soft eyes look between me and the road. "He could be the father of Ellie's baby" I whisper, saying it out loud brings a whole new kind of hurt.

"What?" She almost stalls the car. "I don't know why it's taken me this long to notice or I had and just pushed it away" A tear spills, unable to blink them away.

"Oh sweetie" She takes one hand off the steering wheel and connects it to mine. "How did all this happen?" The car moves a bit faster.

"When Ellie told me she was pregnant I didn't think Issac at first, but the more she told me the more it dawned on me. She was so convinced it was Nathan's - the other possible father - that I had no choice but to believe. She told me her and Issac used protection and her and Nathan didn't, of course I didn't want it to be true so I just believed Ellie until the point I was convinced it was Nathan's too" I wipe my tear filled cheeks. "Everyone told me to my face that It could be Issac's, but did I listen? No. I knew he was keeping something from me months ago, every time I mentioned Ellie he'd go quiet and distant, cold, but still! It never crossed my mind. So again, I ignored it" Mom's eyes concentrate on the road in front, I look away, out the window to avoid the look of disappointment she may have for me. 

"Him and Ellie finally sorted it out, thanks to me, and nothing came about after. Then this test came up and he was sure she wouldn't have it done, almost telling her she couldn't and people may say he was being a caring friend but It was something more, I know it. The look of guilt that flickers on his face every time I mention Ellie confirms he's lying to me, and Ellie, all I've done for her, for our friendship. Even if he's not the dad he's still lied to me" My tears flow, chocking up my words.