𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

-

-

I SOMEHOW ENDED UP ON THE BRIDGE by the school, and I was throwing bits of bread into the lake where the ducks were. I felt a presence beside me, and I turned to see the curly-haired girl from this morning, smiling as she spoke. "Hola. I'm Marina by the way. Your English is surprisingly good, especially for someone who didn't come from a Bilingual school. " She shoved me playfully, and I giggled before she continued.

"Sorry about Lu. I saw her speak to you this morning, and I know what a pain she can be. She's been my brother's fling for a while now, so, unfortunately, that means I have to put up with her too." I giggled to myself and turned to her in confusion.

"Wait. Your brother, is Guzman?" She nodded, rolling her eyes. "And they say the rich don't suffer. Listen, if he's been a dick to you I apologize on his behalf." I shake my head, thinking about how he surprisingly has been kind of pleasant and so far hasn't attacked. Maybe he's playing some kind of game. Who knows? I snap myself out of my thoughts, shaking my head at the redhead in front of me.

"Nope. He's been alright. Which I think is why Lu is being a bitch." Marina giggles loudly, snorting slightly, before shaking her head at me. "You are something else. Lú doesn't normally get jealous. You're different though. You're trouble, but who doesn't love a bit of trouble." I shook my head, giggling as Marina wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"I have no intention of getting involved in drama here. I knew from the moment we walked through those doors we'd be looked at like Martians." I said and she giggled. "¿Eres alienígena? ¿Tienes piel verde? ¿Dónde está tu nave espacial?" We start laughing together, and for the first time today, I felt like I found a friend at this school. As we say our goodbyes and I turn around, I am greeted by Lú, who is shaking her head at me. "You just don't know when to get lost do you? Befriending my boyfriend, befriending his sister, befriending our friends. Stop getting involved with my life." I scoff at her words, rolling my eyes as she crosses her arms.

"Unbelievable. Do you seriously think I want to be involved in your life? Not everything is about you. What I get up to at this school is none of your business. You don't own these people, or the school, so just back off, and leave me alone. I'm tired of this." I say, staring at her as people passed us on the bridge. As she was about to speak, I let out a sigh of relief as I heard the bell ring in the distance, indicating school was over and we were free to go. As I walked along the street that led to our part of town, I noticed Samu with Omar, and I called out to the pair, walking to catch up with them as they stopped and waited for me. "Hey J. Cómo estás?" Omar pulled me into a hug, and we continued to walk down the road, with me in between the two boys.

"Te extrañamos en la escuela." I said to him, as Samuel quickly answered a phone call from his mother. "Cómo está mi hermana?" Omar asked, and I smiled at him. "Nadia is good. Although the school tried to tell her to take her hijab off." I said, and he shook his head. "Surprise surprise."

"J, Mum said you can come for dinner tonight if you want," Samuel said, and I thought about it for a second, before shaking my head, remembering I had prior commitments tonight. I shook my head sadly, "Sorry Samu, got to work for the Shanaa's. Omar's Mother and Father have agreed to let me work to help them out tonight so they can all go out." And so we said our goodbyes, Samuel going up to his house while Omar and I walked to his family's shop. On our way there, we walked past this side alley where Omar and I used to smoke. "So, J. You want something today?" I nod, handing him €40, to which he then handed me around 60 euros worth of hash. "Thanks, O," I said, and we kept walking until we reached the Shanaa Family shop.

"Hola Mrs Shanaa." "Hola Jada. Cómo estás?" Their mother asked smiling and hugging me. "Estoy muy bien gracias" I smiled as she then leads me to the till explaining how it works. "Hola Jada. ¿Cómo estuvo la escuela?" Nadia and Omar's dad appeared from around the back, looking very well dressed, similar to his wife. "La escuela también era muy buena, es increíble allí. Un currículo muy desafiante." He smiled slightly, happy that school is a challenge, especially since Nadia was a very smart girl. You could tell that Nadia was his favourite, and Omar suffered a lot with that fact every day.

"Will you be okay? If you need anything, you have Omar's number right?" I nod, as Omar leaves out the front door, his parents following behind. "Adiós," I call out as they leave, leaving me alone as I stand behind the till.

After being there for 4 and a half hours, it was now almost 10 pm, and I was getting ready to close the store, standing in the back. That was, until, Christian Varela walked in.

"Christian?" "Jada? Qué haces aquí?" "Estoy aquí para ayudar a los padres de Nadia." Christian nods, looking around, before turning to me, as I stood in the doorway. He then pulled out a joint from his pocket, and I giggled lightly. "Cuándo terminas?" He says, smirking at me, knowing I'm always in the mood to smoke with him. "Ahora." "Vamos, entonces." And we leave.

"Jesus." He says, leaning his head back on the wall as we sit on the grass, his legs on either side of me as I sit in between them, my back leaning against him. "Eres tan sexy. Cuando fumas te ves tan caliente." I turn to him as he smirks, and I take the joint from his mouth once again, before putting it in between my lips, blowing the smoke in his face. I lean against him, closing my eyes and feeling relaxed as always. I feel his breath on my neck, and I shiver, causing him to smirk. "I'm so high." He laughs slightly, actually understanding me for once. "Me too." He says, English still sounding weird from his mouth. We sit and giggle for the rest of the night, until about midnight, when I realize I should probably go home. Despite having 3 missed calls from Samuel, when I finally arrive home I instantly fall asleep, deciding to answer them in the morning.

And of course, I woke up late the next morning. "Fuck."