CHAPTER TWO

Lyra's life changed for the worst

The moment she had wished jokingly about needing drama.

The moment she stepped out the door of the Stilinski household...

The moment she drove off.

Everything in her life changed.

In the Car as Lyra drove listening to her favourite Spotify playlist, all out 70's listening to the song It's a Heartache by Bonnie Tyler, she sang along bobbing her head drumming her fingers on the steering wheel when suddenly her phone rang.

She lowered her music slightly as she picked up the phone not recognizing the number but answering it anyways," Hello?"

"Hello there Lyra" eerie was all Lyra could think the voice on the other side of the phone sound like. She wasn't sure, why or how, but she felt the strangest vibes from the voice alone.

"Ye-Yes this is Lyra? May I ask who this is?" She stumbled and mentally cursed as there was a laugh filling her ear as she realized, the laugh was not from the phone, but from the seat directly behind her.

She peered at the mirror as she dropped her phone seeing a man, she had never seen in her life smirking at her.

She let out a scream as she swerved in her car as all the man did was smile. Her car going off the road straight into the forest crashing into a tree.

Her car slammed into the trunk of the tree and she was lucky enough to be seat belted, but her face still smashing into her steering wheel. Her head immediately feeling heavy as blood dripped down both her cracked head and nose.

"This is a gift" She felt an overbearing pain swarm through her whole body, feeling as if she was entirely on fire.

All can be heard was the blood-curdling scream that filled the air around her.

"We are family now, Lyra, I'll see you soon" Was all she heard as she slowly fell into darkness.

The irony of the situation, the song We Are Family by Sister Sledge on her Spotify was playing, only making the reality hit her each second she was conscious.

Lyra heard the sound of a heart rate machine as she opened her eyes slowly to bright light. She slowly grimaced as she tried to raise her hand to block her vision, but she realized, that she was paralyzed. She panicked as the heart rate of the machine picked up.

Her vision cleared as she took in she was being supported with air through an oxygen mask. Her two best friends shot up from their seats next to her bed, both grieved with sadness.

"Ly!" They both shouted as they saw her open her eyes.

Finally, being able to move her hand, she slowly removed her oxygen mask.

"Careful sweetheart" A sweet voice belonging that of Melissa, Scott's mom filled the room as she walked in.

"W-what happened?" was all Lyra could mutter as she tried to remember anything, but nothing.