CHAPTER FOUR

When Lyra explained the man to her Uncle, he seemed to be uneasy, everything about his reactions was suspicious, but it seemed only her out of everyone in the room noticed it

Her Uncle left to work since it was a Friday but Lyra noticed something," Scotty, Stiles" She sang as they flinched

"Yes?" Stiles answered not looking at her eyes as Scott coughed awkwardly

"Why are you two, here, on a Friday morning, and not at school?" Melissa smiled behind her hand, knowing that Lyra would make her Stubborn son and friend listen.

"We—were worried about you and- Scott cut himself off accidentally looking at Lyra who had her arms crossed and one eyebrow raised.

Lyra sighed looking down then smiling turning back to the boys," You two have lacrosse practice this afternoon, and if you think for a minute that me being here, I won't strangle you both, you two better march your butts to school before I get out of this bed even if I'm injured and keep to my word about hurting you both"

The two stood straight then sharing looks as they marched out of the room as Lyra smiled in victory.

"I knew you could do it, thanks from the Sheriff as well," Melissa said as she walked over checking her Vitals.

Lyra was unsure how and why, but for some odd reason, her throat felt dry and her hands twitched, as Melissa leaned forward checking her Vitals.

Lyra looked at the woman who helped raise her since her parents passing. Her best friends' mother, who she had the urge to harm.

She mentally cursed as she thought about her strange thoughts.

What was wrong with her?

And it was right on cue, the man appeared sitting on the chair next to her bed. She tried not to scream, but she jumped making Melissa pull away worried.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear did I hurt you?" She asked as Lyra gulped

"Oh, just, my back hurting a little, is it okay, if I rest for a while?"

"Of course, just press the button right here, if you need assistance" Lyra nodded as she watched Melissa walk out.

"You can feel it, can't you" Lyra mentally argued with herself if she should acknowledge the man, or just ignore him. She went with the latter and leaned back closing her eyes.

"You felt it, I know you did, the sudden feeling of wanting to attack that woman, the throat feeling dry, your fingers twitching" The man said amused as Lyra gripped her fist tightly as she snapped her head to the man.

"What is wrong with me?! I know you did something in me!" She spat as the man chuckled.

"I gave you a gift" He mused as she grits her teeth.