[19] Forever Halloween

Song: Forever Halloween by The Maine

Hi, I'm ImSorryMrGullible and I write stories because I want to live a life like all of the cheesy romance movies/books, but I know that will never happen, so I make my fantasies into a story, just dreaming it was me who were in that position(which is mainly the reason I write X Readers XD).

Dis a long chapter 0•0

Y/n's POV

"Today is the day everyone has been looking forward to all month: Halloween! Kids are dressing up and collecting as much candy as they possibly can-"

"Look at them. Aren't they cute." The second news anchor cooed, watching the kids walk down the street, bags in hand, through the live video recording.

Mark went to change the channel, a scoff sounding from his mouth. Before he could, I spoke barely above a normal volume. "No, don't change it!" I shouted quickly from the kitchen behind him. You could hear the eye roll from Mark.

"You actually enjoy this?" Mark asked.

Walking until I was standing behind the couch and to Mark's left, I leaned my elbows on the back of the couch, staring at the TV. "Not the news, no. Just enjoy seeing all the costumes. They're adorable, really!"

Mark scoffed. "Yeah, the boy covered in fake blood with a toy gun is so adorable."

"You're right, you are adorable." I teased, ruffling his hair.

Slapping my hand away from him, he shouted to me as I walked back into the kitchen. "Fuck off!"

He stood up and wandered into the kitchen with me, raising an eyebrow at me as I stared dreamily at the TV as they interviewed kids about their costumes. He switched his gaze between the TV and me before speaking. "You got a kink for kids in costumes or something?" Mark joked.

I rolled my eyes, taking my eyes off the TV to finally look at him. "Halloween used to be my favorite day of the year." I state, looking down at my hands. "It was the day I could be literally anything I could imagine. Though, I was never anything scary like everyone else. I always had to be this cute, adorable thing every year."

"Well that's no fun." Mark said, opening the large fridge. "How can you scare any children with that?"

I laughed as he closed the fridge door and stood by my side again, a bottle of water in hand. "I used to love dressing up. It'd always pretend to be my favorite actress or singer at the time, a model, or even a princess." I giggled at the memories, staring back at the TV. "I truly thought I'd be one of those four things when I grew up." My smile disappeared, turning into a regretful frown. "Never would've thought I'd be a criminal. My childhood self would be horrified if they saw me now."

All of it was true. As a kid, I'd dress up all the time. I loved the fact I could pretend to be anything I wanted. Halloween was the only day I could go out while in these costumes and be surrounded by people doing the same. Any other time of the year it'd be me in my room playing by myself. On Halloween, I had other people around me I could relate to, I had people my age and people like me everywhere I looked. The candy was just a plus.

"We you definitely could've been a model." Mark smirked.

My gaze turned upward at his comment, meeting his eyes with a playful smirk. "And you could've been an engineer."

"Hey!" His eyes widen at my comment. "How'd you know that?"

A laugh escaped me as the look of confused and anger appeared on his face. "A little birdie told me some minor things about you."