n i n e t e e n

Ethan Dolan

So Gray and I have been thinking a lot about what we want to do with our lives since we just graduated. We have an interest in film making, so I have been thinking about jobs we could get in New Jersey. But we don't know what we would do with that hobby in Jersey. Gray and I did make funny and cringy videos when we were younger but we lost that interest when we got into high school. We used to make random videos with our sister Cameron and we had a lot of fun but we don't know if we should start making videos again.

My thoughts were interrupted by Grayson knocking on my door at home. We came to our parent's house for dinner so I was in my old room. "Hey Ethan" He smiled and I just nodded "So I have been thinking a lot about our video interest" He fidgeted with his fingers. I knew he was gonna say some crazy shit. "So you know youtube right?"

I already knew what he was gonna say. 

"You want us to make a channel!?" I practically yell at him

I had mix emotions about starting a channel. He just stood there staring at me. "Sorry." I look down "I don't know why I snapped like that" I fall back on my bed when I get a brilliant idea. "Wait." I sit back up. "You know how we like to skateboard?" He nods "Maybe we can make skateboarding videos." He looked confused "You'll see what I mean"

"We could even ask Abby and Alexa to go with us!" Grayson blurted. I nodded

My mind was filling with ideas now. Skateboarding videos, challenges, funny skits. 

Everything was coming together. 

(Sorry this isn't really realistic)

•••

Friday

Gray and I got approval from our parents to go to LA but now we have to convince Abby and Alexa.

The girls wanted to do some kind of double date thing (god I'm back in middle school) so Abby and Gray are coming over this afternoon.

Alexa was downstairs cleaning so I decided to call Grayson. I clicked on the facetime button and after a couple of rings, his face appeared on my screen.

"Hey" I whisper
"Why are you whispering?" He laughs
"Uh, because Alexa is downstairs cleaning and I don't want her to hear me" I raise my eyebrow at him "So anyway, what's the plan?"

"Bro, we don't need a plan. It's not that hard!" He exclaims
"I know" I sigh "But I want her to say yes"

"Why wouldn't she?"

"Because we just bought this apartment and stuff like that"
He thought for a moment "Maybe if she says yes, you guys won't have to move out" I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Maybe Emma and Jack can house sit"

"Oh Lord" I roll my eyes "Or we can come back once in a while" I chuckle
He nods and I hear a doorbell ring "Abby's here, gotta go" He stands up "See you in ten" He hangs up

•••

Alexa is a neat freak when it comes to company. Even when we lives together in highschool. All the shit in the counter, gone. All the boxes from packages, gone.

"Jesus, you are a neat freak" I say and rest my hands on the counter. "A sexy neat freak" I smirk

"Oh shut up" She blushes and puts plates on the tables next to the cups. She walked over to the stove and got out the chicken from the oven.

"I am so excited for-" Alexa was interrupted by the doorbell "There they are" She came around the counter and went to open the door.

Soon after I saw Grayson enter the door along with Abby. I fist pump Grayson and shoot him a wink. He just smiles back and looks at the girls.

•••

"Hey girls, uh we need to ask you something" I say and give them a fake smile.

They both exchange looks and look back at us.

"So we have been thinking a lot about what we are gonna do with our lives" Grayson begins "So Ethan and I have been thinking about making a youtube channel" Alexa looks at Abby and furrows her eyebrows "But we can't really get that started here"

"What do you mean?" Abbys asks and takes a sip of water.

"What we're saying is, we want to move to LA" I blurt out not giving a fuck anymore. Alexa stares at me in disbelief "I know, I know but you guys would come with us" Her face lights up a bit.

We knew that they had mix feelings about it. They looked confused when we told them. "That sounds fun" Alexa finally said. I perked my head up and looked at her smile. She really does make me happy.

I shot her a wink that made her blush and I just laughed to myself. "When do you want to go?" Abby asked kind of stuttering. 

She seemed kind of unsure about this idea. "About a month or so" Grayson picked up his plate and placed it in the sink. Abby swallowed hard and looked down in her lap. "You okay?" Alexa asked and looked at her. Abby just nodded and showed a fake smile. 

I looked at Alexa and furrowed my eyebrows. She just shrugged and started to wash the plates. 

•••

I started to wash plates with Alexa when Gray and Abby left. "Did you talk to Abby?" I ask handing Alexa a clean plate to put back in the cabinet.

"No. She seemed really unsure about the whole LA idea" She put back forks and spoons in the drawer. "I think its a great idea" She stopped and smiled.

I smiled back "I know. And I don't get why  she just stayed quiet the whole time" I shrugged.

I was happy that Alexa wanted to go but I wanted Grayson to have Abby. After I cleaned up all the dishes I wanted to facetime Gray.

•••

I go in my room and set my phone infront of a candle so it would stand up. Alexa sat next to me and we called Grayson.

"Hey Gray" I smiled as his icon popped up.
"Hey" He didn't even look at the camera.

"Whats wrong?" Alexa asks, knowing something was wrong.

"Me and Abby just had a big fight over LA" He said finally looking at the camera

"Shit." I mumbled.