Chapter 28

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, the bright light of the few stripes of sun hurting his brown orbs a little. A small jawn left the ravenette's mouth while he stretched his body, making it pop in multiple places. He couldn't say that he had slept well that night, his thoughts being with Taehyung almost all the time. Even when he did manage to get some sleep Taehyung appeared in his dreams.

To make a long story short Taehyung was everywhere and Jungkook had no idea how to deal with it. He wanted to help the blonde more than anything but at the same time Jungkook was scared. He had no idea how to deal with someone like Taehyung, he didn't know how to be someone that could help others, he wasn't a straight A student that never broke any rules. No Jungkook was everything but perfect and that fact alone made him scared as hell. Taehyung was a pure and innocent soul while Jungkook was everything except from that.

The ravenette was scared he wouldn't be good for Taehyung and that Taehyung wouldn't be good for him either. His friends would never accept Taehyung. Of course Namjoon and Yoongi did but he would probably loose everybody else. He would be all alone all over again and Jungkook didn't know if he was ready to leave all of that behind for some blonde boy he didn't know properly. But most of all the ravenette was scared of the unknown future that was ahead of him. Whatever he chose his life would never be the same again and he didn't know if he was ready for that adventure yet.

With another heavy sigh Jungkook left the comfort of his bed, taking a quick shower before he headed downstairs to grab a small breakfast before he would go to Namjoon's house, hoping to catch Jin there before the eldest boy would be at his work.

Jungkook walked inside the kitchen, his whole mood instantly dropping at the sight before him. Right in front of him was his father slowly eating his breakfast while reading the morning paper. The older man almost instantly looked up at the sound of his son entering the room, a small but heavy smile decorating his face. "Morning."

Jungkook lifted one of his eyebrows, not answering his father while he made his way over to the fridge. The old man was never home whenever Jungkook was ready for breakfast so why was he here now? His father was always gone to his work early in the morning, making it possible for Jungkook to always eat in silence. Something he would have loved this morning after his rough night, but of course it was this day his father decided to take the day off and eat breakfast at home.

"Did you sleep well?" Jungkook's father tried again, hoping to get at least a little reaction out of the ravenette. The younger ignored his father a second time, grabbing two apples out of the fridge to take with him on his way to Namjoon and Jin's house.

Jungkook's father slowly turned himself around a little bit to look at his only son. The younger still having his back turned so he didn't need to look at his father. "I haven't heard any complaints about you from the police or anyone else. Did you find yourself some other friends?"

A deep sigh left the ravenette's mouth, already knowing his father wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Jungkook just wasn't here for all the small talk. They didn't have a proper conversation in months so he had no idea why his father was trying to do just that right now. Right when the younger couldn't use it, oh how this man always managed to do just the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong place.

Jungkook shortly turned around, crossing eyes with his father for a quick second before he walked over towards the backdoor while grabbing his jacket. "I'm going to Namjoon, I need to speak with Jin."

The ravenette almost instantly walked out the door after that, closing it behind him with a soft bang. The one thing that he didn't understand though was the look in his father's eyes. It had almost looked like there was a sparkle of hope that Jungkook would talk with him. A sparkle that had replaced itself with slight hurt the moment Jungkook had opened the door and walked out of the house.

The ravenette softly gave his head a little shake to get rid of the unfamiliar thoughts, starting to make his way to Namjoon and Jin. There were more important things to do right now. For example getting to Jin as fast as possible to review the events of yesterday.

As fast as Jungkook's legs could carry him the young man made his way through the streets, arriving in front of the familiar house within a small fifteen minutes. Without wasting too much time Jungkook had walked up to the door, knocking on it almost instantly. He was slowly rocking from left to right to try to ease the nervous feeling in his stomach. He just wanted to speak with Jin but the elder was taking way too long to get to the door, making Jungkook even more impatient than he already was.

Right before Jungkook was ready to knock a second time the door opened before him, halting his arm mid air.

"Good morning to you too. I assume you're here for Jin?" A fresh out of bed Namjoon asked with a little smile on his face. The elder was still dressed in his morning attire, reading glasses on his nose and his hair sticking out in multiple ways. "I need to disappoint you Kook 'cause he's already gone of to the ward."

Jungkook's mood dropped almost instantly, knowing that there wasn't any way of contacting Jin before he was on the ward now. He had wanted to talk about the whole Taehyung situation a little before he would meet with the blonde again but it didn't look like that was going to happen anytime soon. "I did actually, has he been gone for long?"

Maybe, just maybe he would be able to catch Jin in his office before he would be on the ward. He would still have a chance to talk to the elder before he would meet Taehyung if that was the case.

Namjoon adjusted the glasses on his nose before he gave the younger a soft nod. "About thirty minutes now. Jin told me what happened yesterday." Jungkook's eyes immediately widened upon that statement, not really knowing if it was good or bad Namjoon knew about the whole ordeal. Sure Namjoon knew all parties involved but he didn't know why Jungkook had acted like he had done, neither did Jin or Jungkook himself. He didn't know if he was ready to share and learn about that part of himself yet.

A small smile formed on Namjoon's face before he reached out to Jungkook and patted him on his shoulder. "You did good Kook, I'm proud of you."

Confusion started to form on Jungkook's face, not expecting the compliment at all. "I....wait what?"

"You did good, I'm proud of you. Be careful with him though, I'd hate to see any one of you hurt." Namjoon softly added, a caring but stern look in his eyes.

A deep sigh immediately left Jungkook's mouth at that statement. Why did everyone constantly think he was going to hurt Taehyung. Sure he hadn't been really nice to the elder when the first met but he wouldn't hurt him on purpose. Jungkook was a little rebel now and then....okay maybe a little more than every now and then but he wouldn't hurt someone on purpose when he knew they were in a vulnerable position.

The ravenette didn't have much time to get inside his own head, Namjoon's voice almost instantly grabbing his attention back. "I came across your friends yesterday night. You weren't with them.......you're on the right track Kook. You're making huge steps in the good direction, keep going okay?"

To say Jungkook was surprised by the hug that followed Namjoon's statement was an understatement. He hadn't expected the hug at all but that didn't make it feel any less welcoming. While this wasn't why Jungkook had come to the elder's house it still made him feel good. Namjoon had provided him with something he didn't know he had needed until he had gotten it. Just hearing that Jungkook had done something good and that someone was proud of him did wonders to his mood. The hug that had followed after those words had topped it off completely.

Jungkook shortly hugged the elder back, before a small smile fell over his face. This.....this is what he wanted and needed so bad but never expected from anyone.

Maybe going to the ward hadn't been that bad of an idea anyway of this would be the outcome.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
Filter or Inner child?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.