Chapter 29- 'I didn't punch him in the throat. I think that went well.'

A/N:thank you to ChloeCullen1 for the awesome banner, its dirty and filthy and just what us readers of this story love!

Again to PotatoXHead97, i love you for making this trailer! if you want to do a couple more i may love you even more.... ;)

Enjoy the chapter people, laptops officially out of hospital!

--

DRAKE POV

I felt like an AA sponsor.

For the last hour I've had to keep reassuring Mia that the alcohol will eventually come. I suppose that’s not what a sponsor does, but let’s face it, it was a pretty close comparison.

That girl is like a fish when it comes to alcohol.

The ceremony was a little long to be honest. It was sweet to see Abby smiling and seeing that she is clearly happy, but after about 10 minutes it lost its appeal. It’s like hurry up and say ‘I do’ so the rest of us can carry on with our lives. The majority of the ceremony I kept hearing the Grinch in a dress next to me mutter cries of ‘give me a break’ and ‘I just barfed in my mouth.’

It’s safe to say this girl has no romantic bone in her body.

I had to give it to her, if it wasn’t for her constant moaning about the lack of alcohol, or the inappropriate comments about the happiest day of someone’s life, I probably would have had a breakdown by now.

After four years I finally layed eyes on the man that abandoned me and my mother. He looked pretty much the same. Gained a little weight, a few more wrinkles but overall he hasn’t really changed. He still had that air of arrogance and confidence around him, which as much as I hate to admit is probably a family trait because let’s face it ladies, I have swagger.

I didn’t recognise the blonde girl next to him, but that didn’t surprise me. My father always had trouble keeping it in his trousers. Again, I’m starting to see a pattern here…

I hadn’t even spoke to him, but I wanted to dive across all these massive wedding hats and tuxedos and choke him. If Mia hadn’t of been next to me, I probably would have done just that.

I have no idea why I came up with our little deal for the day. I mean it was just playing with fire. We shouldn’t be doing anything other than being friends, so why giving us a free pass to act like animals for the day was a good idea I have no clue.

I honestly think my brain didn’t make this decision, my penis did.

Not that I would use him of course. That is a line I could not cross with this girl. A few kisses and gropes now and again is not even acceptable, let alone if I unleashed the beast onto her.

So I had one whole day of Mia being my ‘girlfriend.’

Ladies and gentlemen, one thing you should know about me is I am a man who knows how to seize and opportunity.

“Get your hand off my ass.” Mia ordered through her polite smile as we walked into the hall where the reception was being held.

“I will. Tomorrow.” I grinned to myself as I took in the massive room.

I gotta give it to Abby, she knows how to decorate. The room looked amazing. There was one side of the room with a big dance floor, a DJ booth behind it playing some mellow music for the time being. I'm guessing as soon as the party goers had a few more drinks in them he would probably switch to Chase and Status. I smiled at the thought of all these posh dicks skanking to ‘Blind Faith’.

The other side of the room had the tables where a lot of the people had begun to dig into the buffet which smelt freaking delicious. I saw a dish of BBQ ribs and made a promise I was going to destroy those later on.