Chapter 15

Draco's POV

Several days had passed. Harry still laid there, completely still. He was still alive though, his breathing confirmed that.

He was still sickly pale though.

Granger and Weasley have stopped by multiple times and left him candy from HoneyDukes, get-well cards, and flowers.

Granger, however could not stay long. Every time she looked at Harry's face she would burst into tears and hysterically scream that it was her fault, that she should've seen the signs. Weasley and I have both tried to assure her that it's not her fault, but even the red haired ginger had a hard time keeping his calm.

It wasn't just them either. All of Harry's friends and even Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle have all came to visit him.

It seemed that everyone felt guilty for not helping him sooner and are dearly regretting it now.

However, there seemed to be a few people in this school that seemed overly joyous.

Umbridge, being one of them.

When she heard of Harry's hospitalization, no one could help but notice the grin that danced across her face. Like she had achieved something great. It made my blood boil every time she would show up in the hospital wing, her malicious smirk growing wider when taking in Harry's presence.

The rest are some Slytherin's and Gryffindor's. I think they're up to something.

Just a few hours ago, I left to use the restroom, when I came back, the group of enemies stood by the door to the infirmary, whispering to each other.

They left when they saw me, but some of them had this evil smirk on their faces and twinkles in their eyes.

I know they're up to something.

I have not left Harry's side for a moment. Well, other than to use the bathroom.

Blaise has been bringing me all of our notes and assignments from classes and Madam Pomfrey has the elves bring me food, which I've barely touched. I can't think of eating when Harry still hasn't moved a muscle.

I even sleep in the hospital bed next to him.

Madam Pomfrey wasn't too happy about it at first, but grew to understand that I'm not going anywhere until Harry is walking out these doors with me.

The words that the sixth year Slytherin had said to me in the halls on my way to find Harry kept playing in my mind.

Do I really like him? What would father think when he hears that I like a Gryffindor half-blood, let alone it be Harry Potter!?

But, as I look at the boy next to me, I can't help, but to think. I wouldn't have it any other way. So I guess in reality. I do like him, in more than just a friendship kind of way.

And believe it or not, but I'm ok with that, if not then absolutely thrilled.

My only two fears, however are, what if he doesn't wake up and what if he doesn't feel the same?

"Draco?" My thoughts were interrupted by a voice next to me. I looked up to find Blaise and Pansy.

"How is he?" Pansy asked.

Currently I am in the chair next to him holding his icy cold hand. "He still hasn't moved." My voice broke slightly.

What if he never wakes up? What if he's already gone?

Blaise set the pile of homework he brought with him today and set it on the nightstand next to the bed I've been sleeping in.

"He'll be alright." Blaise said looking at me. "He's a tough one. He'll make it through."

"I hope you're right." I whispered grasping his hand a little tighter.

Just then, the room grew eerily quiet.

Harry's soft breathing that usually could be heard had stopped.

"Harry?" I stood up. "Harry?! Wake up!" I put my head to his chest. "Oh God he's not breathing!"

Pansy shrieked before running into Madam Pomfrey's office.

"Harry! Please! Don't you die on me!" I put my hands on his chest and proceeded to give him CPR.

Madam Pomfrey burst into the room right over to us.

"What happened?!"

"I don't know, we were just talking when Draco noticed he no longer was breathing!" Blaise shouted.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Harry! Wake up God damnit!"

Madame Pomfrey ran to the opposite of Harry from where I'm at and began waving her wand over him. "Draco, please stop for a moment, I need to run further tests." I reluctantly took my hands off his chest, but instantly wrapped it around his hand.

He's so cold.

"I-Is he d-dead?" My voice cracked.

"No, his hearts still beating, but only just. Zabini! I need the blood replenishment potion, breathless potion, and alcai potion from in my office!"

Blaise ran out of the room to get the potions.

Soon he was back and Madame Pomfrey gave him all three potions before waving her wand over him and doing more spells. All of which were very foreign to me.

Harry gasped. "Oh my God!" I shouted leaning more towards him.

His breathing was heavy, but at least he was getting air.

Madam Pomfrey sighed. "That should do it. Good thing you all were here, a second later and he wouldn't have made it."

"Is he gonna be ok?" Pansy asked.

I put my hand on his cheek and my head on his shoulder.

My entire body shook as I cried on him.

"For the time being yes, but I will not have a definite answer until he wakes up. Now, you to, it's almost past curfew, please head back to your dorms. Draco, you already know you can stay."

I nodded my head as I heard three separate pairs of steps walking away from me.

"You git! You're not allowed to die or give me a hard attack like that ever again!" I whisper shouted at him.

I felt a gentle squeeze on my hand that had my head yanking up and looking over at him.

"D-Draco?" His voice was hoarse and quiet.

Relief flooded through me as grey eyes met with dazzling green.

"Harry!" I choked before flinging onto him. The tears that had almost stopped flowed all over again.
Harry put his good arm around me and hugged me back. "If you ever do something as stupid as that again, I will never forgive you!" I pulled from his embrace.

"I-Im sorry. It was. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen that way."