The Kind Boy

A fight really broke out at the school, as Hitoshi had mentioned to [Y/N]. Apparently, one got severely injured by getting a strong hit to the nose while the other one had barely a scratch. This fight had spread like a wildfire throughout the school and as [Y/N] was walking into the building the next day, whispers about it were all around her.

     She couldn't believe her luck. This coincidence was the absolute best timing for her. Hopefully, the gossip about her will die down because of this. It made her want to go find Hitoshi. So for the second time ever, she went to go find him.

     When she saw the familiar purple hair, she went towards it and was surprised to see that Hitoshi was alone. Usually there would be people crowding him by now, so it kind of confused her. Nevertheless, she went to approach him. He noticed her and immediately pulled out a big grin on his face.

     "Where are your friends?" she asked him abruptly.

     His smile faltered and he scratched his head. "Oh yeah....they're going to visit Yuya at the hospital before school starts....apparently he was one of the guys in the fight yesterday and he had gotten his nose broken," he explained.

     As fast as a light switch flip, her excitement turned into shame. It was one of Hitoshi's friends that had gotten hurt? But she didn't care about that fact and focused more on the gossip that erupted the fight that covered her own gossip. Her heart twisted and she looked down at the ground. She felt horrible for acting so selfish.

     "I'm sorry," she murmured. "You should go visit your friend too. I can talk to you later."

     She quickly turned around and was about to go to class, but Hitoshi grabbed her wrist. "I've already visited him and he's not in such bad condition. Don't worry about him. So please talk to me if you want to. I want to talk to you as well."

     He let go of her wrist and she faced him again. His warm eyes were staring at her expectedly, which made her heart beat faster. Why was she feeling like this? Was her heart beating fast because she was scared to have Hitoshi disappointed in her?

     Fiddling with her fingers, she chose to just tell the truth. He had already helped her so many times. The least she could do was stay honest with him. "I....I heard a lot of whispers this morning....and it wasn't about me. Instead, it was about the fight and I became really excited about it," she said. "I'm so sorry. It turned out to be one of your friends that got hurt and I was happy because of it. I'm such a terrible person, aren't I? I have always been rude, mean, uncaring towards anyone. No wonder people think I'm a kidnapper."

     Suddenly, Hitoshi started glaring at her. She widened her eyes and she gulped. Was he disappointed in her? "Stop right there [Y/N]. You are not terrible and you shouldn't think of that of yourself. You need to learn to love yourself more, because none of this is your fault. The gossip about you are all lies and you don't deserve to be talked about like that. Sure, Yuya's my friend, but it's his own fault for deciding to fight in the first place. So stop doing this to yourself."

     [Y/N] raised her eyes up and looked at the boy in front of her. He was truly amazing. He was so understanding in everything she does. So understanding that it all seemed to be unbelievable. But he was Hitoshi and it wasn't so unbelievable if it was him. He was the kindest boy in school. He was so kind that he would even side with her over his friend. He was so kind that he stuck by her, even if it meant he had to be acted cold upon and had to sit in snow.