twelve

Marisol and Fred were sitting inside The Three Broomsticks

Marisol and Fred were sitting inside The Three Broomsticks. He was grinning at her. She was uncomfortable, but he was trying to get her less tense.

"Are you warm enough?" Fred asked.

Marisol nodded. "Thank you."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better. Thank you."

"So - am I right to assume you like me?" he asked.

Marisol blushed. "I - I do."

He chuckled. "Have I ever mentioned how cute you are?"

She shook her head. "It's embarrassing."

He leaned back to enjoy the look on her face. She was absolutely beautiful. She was bundled up in a tan coat with a black scarf wrapped around her neck. She noticed his staring, so she turned to look at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she questioned.

"Like what?" he asked.

"Like... Like you like me," she whispered, glancing away.

"Because I do like you - a lot."

"Okay, but - but you're staring and it's embarrassing."

"Is it making you uncomfortable?"

"No, I didn't say that. I - I like it. Just - no one's stared at me the same way you are," she explained.

He chuckled. "It's adorable how shy you are."

She pouted. "I've never been on a date before."

"Really?"

She nodded. "Looking at people always made me uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine spending time alone with someone."

"So why me?"

"I like you," she muttered.

He grinned. "I like you too."

"Well, why me?" mocked Marisol. "I'm just plain Marisol who sees the timer on people. There are loads of girls out there, but you picked me? It just sounds like a load of rubbish to me. I'm not worth anything."

"You're worth a million," he replied. "You're worth all the stars in the whole universe. We're here, aren't we? On this date, I mean. For as long as I live, I want to spend time with you. Hell, let's get married."

"I'm sorry?"

Marisol was bamboozled by Fred's sudden proposal. She wasn't sure if he was playing around or not - because that was what Fred Weasley did best - play around.

Throwing that fact aside, she was absolutely, completely happy spending time with Fred Weasley. She couldn't stop smiling or laughing. Once they finished their butterbeer, they started slowly walking around Hogsmeade while holding hands.

"There's one more thing," said Fred.

Marisol felt a similar, stomach-twisting sensation before they Apparated to the roof of Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes. Marisol gasped in shock and grabbed onto Fred's jumper, body pushed against his side.

"Frederick Weasley!" she scolded, eyes hesitantly looking away from the night sky to his face. "What are we doing here?" She was fisting his jumper, forcing him to lean down.

"All right, sweetheart, if you keep holding onto me like that, I may just fall over the roof," Fred teased.

She pouted and loosened her hold on his jumper, but still didn't let go. She really did not like heights. That one of the reasons why she never played quidditch. The other reason was because she didn't want to look at the players' timers while trying to dodge Bludgers and fly on a broom.

"Marisol, look up," he softly coaxed, staring into her eyes.

She hesitantly did so, and she didn't regret it. The stars were shining brightly as if they had no care in the world. Even with Voldemort on the rise, the stars were just as bright and beautiful.

"They're stunning," whispered Fred. "Almost as stunning as you."

She looked away from the stars to look into his eyes. He smiled at her.

"I really like you. Did you know that?" he asked.

She lightly shook her head.

"Well, I really like you," he said.

Then, he gently kissed her on the lips. Marisol gasped, nearly falling over due to shock. Fred grabbed onto her.

"Easy there. Didn't think I was that bad at kissing," he murmured.

Marisol shook her head. "You weren't bad. I just didn't expect it."

He grimaced. "I did say I would make the most of my time." He cleared his throat, trying to steer clear of the topic of his timer. "I should get you home."

"I can Disapparate myself," she stated.

"What kind of man would I be if I let you go alone? Now come on, hold my hand."

She nodded, grabbing his hand as he dropped her off home. Only when he safely dropped her off home and Disapparated, did she realize she forgot to ask him about his proposal.