27 ⸸

The patient's reply left the doctor very confused. "They feed you pints of blood. Unbelievable. What type of sick humans do this?" The doctor took the pint of blood from Seokjin's hand and scanned it with his eyes.

"This isn't even normal human blood. This blood could have a disease or even be poisonous. Throw that away, please. I brought you something different this time for you to eat." Namjoon didn't care about spending time or money in buying all sorts of foods, if it would make Seokjin eat and feel energized, then he was more than satisfied and happy.

"Sir, you really don't need to worry about me." The man insisted, placing the pint of blood on the floor.

When he got up, he felt lightheaded and fell over. Namjoon helped him stand back up again, while the man held his head.

"You're weak. You need energy in your body." He opened the small container he had the fruits in and handed it to the man who took a small bite of it, hiding his mouth with the mask.

Namjoon was curious as to why the man didn't just remove it, then he remembered that the man had told him it was a mask that he must wear. He didn't know why, but he was only guessing that it was for his safety, so he just let the man test the clean foods on his own.

His reaction to the the fruits was good: He didn't throw up, and he seemed to enjoy it. His reaction to the chicken was okay, he was surprisingly good at biting into chicken, he skinned it in under two minutes.

"How are you feeling, Seokjin?" Namjoon asked after ten minutes of him eating.

"I feel fine. More energetic, just like you said, doctor." His eyes shined, and Namjoon saw the smile even if he couldn't see his mouth. He just knew he was smiling.

His smile made it all worth it.

Although he kept on noticing how Seokjin held his arm and throat, then kept flinching.

"I'll get you a bandage, hold on." He scrambled through his bag and found the first aid kit he always carries around with him. Then he applied a cream to the man's opened wounds to help them close faster, to avoid the risk of an infection from the open wound.

"Every time I visit you, you're always getting injured." Namjoon softly spoke, cleaning the man's neck. There were bruises on his neck all the way down to his chest from how hard the demonic man squeezed him.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble." The man frowned.

Namjoon regretted even speaking, he didn't mean to make Seokjin feel bad about himself.

"That's not what I meant, Seokjin, you don't cause me trouble at all."

"But you always feel the need to heal me whenever I'm wounded." Seokjin replied, tilting his neck down when the doctor finished applying the medicine to it.

"That's my job: To fix the broken and make them feel better again." The doctor carefully placed a bandage on Seokjin's hands, then wrapped them up as well.

"I'm unfixable. No matter what you do, I'm afraid that there really is no use in you trying to fix me." But the doctor just shook his head in disbelief.

"Even the broken have a cure. If anything, you're the one who's healing me." The man felt confused.

"How so? I haven't done anything but cause you trouble."

"But you've given me friendship, and for that I am thankful. It's almost as if you filled an empty space in my heart for the friend that I lost four years ago..." The doctor held his heart with a sad facial expression.

"Did he die, Dr. Kim?" The man coldly asked. Namjoon nodded.

"One day, we were in a beach just swimming and looking at the sunset, when I decided to take a walk. I left him alone in the ocean and when I looked back, I found out he was drowning. I tried my best in giving him CPR, but his lungs were already filled with water, and by the time I got to him... He had already passed away. From there on I bowed to save people's lives and never lose anyone else."

Namjoon breathed in deeply to concentrate on the man who was staring at him with a saddened expression on his face.

"And now look at you, you've healed your patients and saved their lives, including mine." Seokjin's words cheered Namjoon up. In no time, he had forgotten about his painful story and was paying attention to his patient.

"You're right. My patients are my life, I would do anything to help them live longer." He smiled.

They changed the topic immediately, trying to make each other feel less uncomfortable.

"How is the weather outside? Are there flying cars yet?" Seokjin joked, giving the doctor a short laugh.

"Yes, so many. I even flew here in a spaceship, but you don't know how tough it is to park that thing, let alone fill it's gas tank when it's low on fuel. They charge me a fortune." It was Namjoon's turn to make the man laugh and it worked.

"Mmm, so I see. Do you want to hear a quick joke?" The doctor nodded, how could he resist?

"A doctor walked in here earlier and apologized to me for the long wait. I replied with: It's okay, I'm patient." Namjoon clapped slowly.

"Very good, but did you hear the one about the drunk man at the bar?" Seokjin shrugged.

"He got so drunk, that he started flirting with a wall and said "alcohol" you later. Get it? Like ''I'll call you later"... Yeah, I'm terrible at jokes, sorry." Seokjin started laughing, a tiny bit more clearer. Namjoon thought his laughter was very contagious and laughed along with him.

"Stop apologizing, Dr. Kim, you sound like me already." He giggled.

"Oh sorry, I have the habit of apologizing without even realizing I am."

"Like how you just apologized to me right now?" The doctor facepalmed himself, earning another muffled laughter from the man.

They heard a loud bang from the room next to them. The room the monster was locked in.

Seokjin jumped and nearly fell over again. Just as he was about to collapse on the floor, he looked up at a familiar face.

"I've got you."