34

Harry Styles

I decided to take a run around LA, after I had said farewell to Vicky when she awoke. She wanted to stay in bed, since tomorrow was the show, but I wanted to look alive today, so I decided to take a jog around town. I was being uncharacteristically kind, saluting any and everyone who walked past me. I had my earplugs in, music was blasting through my eardrums causing my blood to sing in my veins. My favourite playlist, titled 'Pleasure', was on repeat. I had definitive reasons why no one was allowed to look through the music that I have on my phone, my playlist titles was one of them. I had once shown Vicky what was in my library, but she found a Jesse McCartney song that I had downloaded and she would never let me forget it.

As I ran down the sidewalk, I decided to stop for a bottle of water at a small stand - all this running had me parched. It felt biddable and invigorating to feel the liquid transude through my esophagus. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand when I finished, and fastened the lid back on the bottle.

I knew that I was pushing it today, I hadn't been active for longer than I care to mention, but I felt too antsy to sit still. I was on the verge of passing out, my lungs not being able to absorb enough oxygen to support my body. I sat down on a bench not far away from the small stand, and I relaxed. I leaned my head back, closing my eyes, and listened to the people bustling by.

I was thinking about Vicky's body; how my fingers would trace over her compressible body covering, feeling the association linking one another. I made her feel so good last night, and that absolutely thrilled me. Whenever I thought about being inside of her, adrenaline would rush through me, increasing substantially with every minute. She made me feel more alive and energetic than anything I had ever experienced before.

I turned my music off and searched for Louis' number. He was my relationship guru, I mean clearly he knew what he was doing if he's engaged, and I needed some guidance. I knew Vicky was satisfied with my fucking abilities, but now it was time to be a fucking magical boyfriend - which was a big deal for me, since I sucked at commitment.

''Hey man, I thought you were dead,'' Louis squealed into his phone. I chuckled at his statement, and I was delighted he didn't reject the call. I would have been a goner if this man didn't exist on this earth. I took a rejuvenating breath, and made myself at home on this rotten timber bench. It wasn't desirable to even rest my ass on, but I was too preoccupied to bother moving.

''I'm calling you from 6 feet under, you forgot my flowers bitch!'' I joked, and I heard Louis' familiar laugh on the other end. ''I seriously need to talk to you.''

''Have you done something remarkably stupid again?'' Louis played around, and I knew he was making fun of me. I was notorious for making bad decisions, but this time I hadn't and Louis should be proud of me. My behaviour was - gradually - improving, and I owed that entirely to Vicky.

''I need some relationship advice,'' I said through the receiver.

''You fucking what?!'' Louis panicked hastily. I pinched the bridge of my nose at his response. ''I knew you were shagging someone, and you were having a mint time, but I didn't realize it was a relationship. What the fuck is going on Harry Styles? Last month you would've dropped dead before committing to anyone.'' He clarified.

''I met someone, Louis.'' I informed him strictly.

''You are smitten?''

''Don't get your hopes up now, Tomlinson.'' I spoke compellingly in the phone. I thought love was too strong of a word to use, it held an immeasurable amount of feeling that I'm not sure if ever be capable of. I liked Vicky, more than anyone I'd ever met, but love was way out of my league. I'm getting ahead of myself. God, I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about right now. What we had was so barely tangible, and not monumentally meaningful. ''I have been thinking about asking a certain person to start a relationship with me,''