3 | Sunscreen

3 | Sunscreen

~☁☀☁~

So we wouldn't have a repeat of yesterday where we all had to cram into Ian's truck, I offered to drive everyone to the waterpark in my car. It was the best option for our hour-long trip, since it had the most space out of everyone's vehicles. Wesley met us at Reyna's house so I could pick them all up there.

I kept control of the radio with the argument 'my car, my rules' and didn't hear any complaints. It was the same excuse I gave to Ian and Wesley when I told them to ride in the backseat so Reyna could sit up front with me. There was some whining from one and irritated mutterings from the other. When I gave the ultimatum of driving there themselves, they both shut up and climbed inside.

From the rearview mirror, I could see how unhappy they were; arms crossed, looking out their own windows, and mouths turned down at the corners. I chuckled at their immaturity, drawing Ian's attention to the mirror where we made eye contact. His lips moved, forming the word 'revenge' when he saw what great pleasure I took in his suffering.

Other than that, the rest of the trip was spent singing along to the music with Reyna and the two of us ignoring the brooding boys in the back.

Once we got to the waterpark, we were able to find a parking spot near the entrance. Mornings were the best time because most of the crowds hadn't arrived yet, so we made the right decision to get there early. The four of us collected our bags from the trunk and paid to go inside the gates. 

The strong chlorine combined with the smell of greasy food wafting from the vendors greeted us as we walked through. Sounds of water splashing and an occasional thrill scream could be heard ahead of us. The air was hot and a little humid, but the cold water would be the perfect remedy for it.

While the sun wasn't blazing down on us yet, we claimed our lounge chairs and pulled out the sunscreen to put on. Reyna took her cover-up off and Wesley begrudgingly peeled his shirt off.

For a nerd, he had quite the muscle definition, but I only spared him an appreciative glance and a thumbs up to Reyna. Ian came over and sat down on the chair in front of me, blocking my view of the two of them and my friend's undoubtedly flustered reaction.

"What do you want?" I asked him dryly, knowing he was up to something because of his grin.

"I'm just sitting here, Ferret," he responded in a tone of feigned innocence.

Then he reached up behind himself to grip the fabric at the back of his neck.

It was then that I knew I was going to die.

In one swift, flawless motion, he pulled his shirt off.

I was biased because I had a type and Ian Winters was the perfect example of it, but nobody could deny that he was built to perfection. My gaze lingered on his abs, not excessively defined but still a very distinct six pack. Then I moved on to his smooth chest and firm biceps, down to his forearms and back up to his face. It was impossible to hide the fact that I was checking him out, so when he smirked at me, I owned it with my head held high.

"I'm just imagining a delicious lobster," I explained, smacking my lips, "served with a side of butter and those yummy cheddar biscuits. Are you sure you don't want any sunscreen?"

He didn't say anything, only continued to smile. It turned downright smug when he slid a pair of sunglasses on, effectively hiding the mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "I'm sure."

Yep.

I was dead.

His revenge for forcing him into the backseat with Wesley was to take advantage of my weakness.