#12 Stranger

Emily sits on her bed whilst playing with her teddy bear. She feels so alone and bored right now. She has already played the piano, watched the television and played with her younger siblings.

"Do they have cats in this house? I think Thomas used to tell me that - Oh! Now I remember. The cats that Thomas mentioned are not this family's cats. They belong to the neighbours, so they are the neighbours' cats," Emily talks to herself in front of her teddy bear.

Suddenly, her phone rings, so she looks at the caller ID. Unknown number. Perhaps it's Laura. Urghh! She always forgot to save someone's number. She sighs and answers the call. Wait.. It's really Laura, right?

"Hello?" Emily hears a breathing sound and also a man's voice at the background. "Hello, who's that?" she tries again. Silent. She scrutinises the caller ID again suspiciously and hangs up. "Weird," she comments. Then, someone barges into her room making her jump.

"Hey, Emily!" William walks to Emily and sits on her bed. Emily raises her eyebrows at William. "Can you accompany me to the shopping mall?" William asks.

"Shopping mall? Yeah, okay," Emily nods and begins to get up from her bed. "Wait. Why?" she stops getting up from the bed and sits down back.

"I have to buy something," William simply replies making Emily feel unsatisfied with his answer, but she just shrugs it off.

*******

"Wow! Really?" Emily mumbles as she watches William making his way towards his red Ferrari. She just stands there, at the entrance door, not making any movement except her eyes that keep on blinking.

"What are you doing there, Em? Let's go!" William takes out his car keys from the pocket of his trousers and unlocks the car. Emily takes rapid steps to William and just stands at the passenger door. William chuckles softly at Emily's action and opens the door for her and pushes her inside the car gently.

Meanwhile, Emily widens her eyes even more after she realised that she's now inside a Ferrari 488 - an expensive sports car that she never had the opportunity to ride in. William gets into the car and starts it up.

"Belt up!" says William while fastening his seatbelt. Emily quickly does so. A few seconds later, the Ferrari 488 drives away out of the garage.

*******

Emily and William walk together into the shopping centre and get into a bookshop first. Emily looks around and then asks, "What are you going to buy here?"

"Stationery, papers and others for my...umm...thesis," William answers whilst searching for a stationery section.

"Okay. I'll be at the novel section," Emily points to a section that fulls of fiction books. William nods at her. She walks happily to the books and takes out one that looks interesting to her and reads it for a while. She looks around and sees a man with a cap that keeps staring at her. She looks over her shoulder. Maybe the man is gazing at someone behind her. But, there is no one around her. She puts the book back into the shelf and searches for William. That man is really creeping her out. She sighs in relief as she sees William is still here, looking for some stuffs. She goes to him and pats his arm. She wanted to pat his shoulder, but since he is so tall, she has to forget her desire.

"Hey, Em! I thought you want to read some books," William turns to Emily with a folder in his hand.

"The books aren't interesting. Plus, I haven't finished reading the novel that you gave me!" Emily says making William smile at her.

"Okay. These are all the things that I need. Are you sure you don't want anything?" William asks Emily. Emily takes a look around and sees a box that contains various types of pens. Oh! She doesn't have black pens anymore. So, she takes out a packet of black pens and also a red pen. Then, she shows them to William.

"I'll pay for these," William pulls the pens out of Emily's hand and walks to the counter. Emily just stares at him. What a nice man. That's why she begins to love him and accept him as her new family member.

*******

Emily waits for William at the outside of the bookshop whilst observing the people around her. She loves observing and examining objects around her whenever she got bored. That habit makes her more creative and imaginative. Suddenly, she hears someone talking to her at her left.

"Excuse me. Are you Emily Richwood?" a man asks. This is the man that Emily saw in the bookshop who kept staring at her earlier! Emily slowly shakes her head. Well, she is telling the truth. Her name used to be Emily Richwood, but since she lives with her father, her name had to change to Emily Robertson.

The man asks again, "Are you Jennifer Richwood's daughter?".

Emily bites her bottom lip. She hates lying, but she doesn't want to expose herself to a creepy stranger. After several seconds, she opens her mouth to say something, but there is a hand on her shoulder that makes her stop to do the latter. She looks up and sees William. William doesn't look at her back - he stares at the man instead. The man looks afraid and quickly leaves them and disappears into the crowd. Emily gulps slowly, waiting for William's reaction.

"Who is that man?" William puts down his hand from Emily's shoulder.

"I don't know. He just came to me."

"Did he say something to you?"

"First, he asked if I'm Emily Richwood and I shook my head because that's not my name anymore. Then, he asked if I'm Jennifer Richwood's daughter. I wanted to say something and that's when you came," Emily explains. William runs his hand through his hair and sighs.

"Emily, if there's a stranger talking to you, just quickly come to me or our other family members, okay? That man looks suspicious and.. Did you see his face when he left? He looked like he just did something bad and wanted to run away. Please remember my advice, Emily," William says.

"All right. I'm sorry, Will," Emily apologises with a sad tone in her voice.

"Hey, don't be sad! I'm not angry at you," William smiles and wraps his arms around Emily's shoulders. Emily smiles at him back and both of them walk together to go to another store.

______________________________________

Ferrari 488! I googled it. It's one of the latest Ferrari. Woo ~~

Who is the strange man? 👀 Huhu..

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜