Early Morning

The next morning you woke up feeling strange to say the least. After learning the shocking truth about Sebastian, Claude, Alois and Ciel you couldn't help but think of the other occupants in your house. What else could they be hiding from you? You didn't know how to deal with this new found information, so on this dark grey morning, you just laid in bed long after you woke up, staring up at the ceiling. There was a lot to think about indeed. If they are demons why didn't they kill me yet? Are they planning to kill me? Should I be worried? I mean I don't want to stick around and just wait for them to take my soul or whatever it is they do, but I can't kick them out because then they will just get angry. Do I even want to kick them out?

Your thoughts were interrupted by the distant rolling of thunder. Heavily you sighed and looked towards the clock. It was six am, too early for anyone to suspect you were awake, and while usually Alois would be in your bed at this moment, which was something you had to get used to because there was definitely no stopping him when it came to his love for physical contact with you, he wasn't there now because it was decided by everyone that you still needed rest and him sneaking into your room at night, was not a restful experience.

This was another issue, usually if you knew somebody was harmful to you or posed a danger to your life you could just cut them loose and not think too much about it. However, you would miss them. Even Alois sneaking into your bedroom which sounds annoying but he never tried anything without your consent. He just kind of held on to you and the strangeness if having him in your bed aside, you thought it was kind of sweet. Yes, you would miss this, if you had to kick them out.

Suddenly you felt totally stifled in your own home, realizing you haven't really gone out in days. Its not like you needed to: with Sebastian and Claude around it seemed like you were always provided for, never having to lift a finger for anything, not only that but while William, Grell and Undertaker occupied you with questions or conversation and Alois and Ciel constantly butting heads you just haven't been by yourself in a while.

Putting on some black legging, along with a baggy peach hoodie and some lace up combat boots. Grabbing a book bag you took your laptop and charger, your notebook and some money. You knew exactly where you wanted to go, and who you needed to see. You didn't feel like going downstairs and potentially coming face to face with anyone, so you decided to take the backdoor. You never really showed anyone the backdoor, it was hidden away from sight in your closet and behind all your clothes and shoes, even if someone was to go digging through your closet, unless they were super attentive or specifically searching for the door they would not find it. Yes, it was strange to have a secret door in your closet, but for you it wasn't that farfetched. You were always prepared for some disaster. Carrying a knife with you or keeping a bat in your room was not enough, you needed a quick escape, and since you designed this house yourself, making a back door that would provide said escape was not out of the ordinary. So you made your way out of the house quietly not forgetting to lock your door behind you.

You walked through your town until you got to the bus stop, deciding to take a bus into the city. You had a little cash with you and not only that but you haven't been there in a while and it seemed like a good idea to go. Especially now, when everything was so unclear you needed to further yourself from the situation and look at it from afar, think about the big picture rather then small bits and pieces and since doing so mentally did not work at home maybe if you were physically further away it would help you relax and decide how to best deal with this whole, 'I have a demon in my house' business. You looked up at the dark grey sky as you walked, a sense of déjàvu washing over you. It was on a dark grey day exactly like this that you first tripped over a box.

The bus was quiet, it was still early out so the only passengers were tired workers coming home from their night shifts or just going to start their early morning shifts. To summarize it was quiet. Leaning back in your seat you relaxed your muscles and listened to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof of the bus.

Meanwhile in your home the people, amongst other things, that resided there began to wake up. Ciel sat at the table sipping a cup of Earl Grey calmly as he read yet another book that he had found hiding amongst your bookshelves. William was there as well also reading as Grell did anything and everything he could to distract him, Sebastian, Agni and Claude busied themselves with breakfast, as the kitchen began to fill with the smell of delicious cooking, Alois came into the room rubbing his eyes tiredly. Grell was the first to acknowledge him,
"Goody Alois, you look so tired did you not get a wink of sleep last night?" He said as a sharp toothed smile painted itself on his face.

Grell was right, Alois did look exhausted with dark circles under his eyes. He was also right that Alois did not sleep at all last night. He tossed and turned until the early morning hours. The dark seemed so much more terrifying when he was alone. He had gotten too used to the familiar comfort of having you in his arms, where you were his safe heaven and he could sleep easily through the night without the terror of darkness closing in around him. Without nightmarish memories that came to him in his sleep as soon as he closed his eyes, because you chased them away. But tonight, he was left alone and they became as present as ever. But he would never admit that to Grell, afterall who does he think he is making such backward comments toward the queens spider himself, so instead of responding he simply glared in the direction of Grell. Soon they were joined by Prince Soma and Undertaker, which meant that they were still missing someone. Someone very special to all of them.