Chapter 20

The first thing I notice is, they were too many eyes on me, on us. I didn't dare to look at him, his hand on my waist was firm and had an almost forbidden, sensual feel to it. I cringe when his hold tightens, this was the first time he was touching me and it was dangerous.
It felt like sin

He drags me forward and together we make our way towards the centre of the ball room. The clapping didn't stop, the scrutinising didn't stop. It was too much, him so close to me felt lethal. Breathless

For the first time in my life, I felt insecure. I have cried so much and I probably looked like a pig, And especially beside a Greek god like him. His hand still didn't move from my waist, but it slides a little lower. A little slower.

Something about the way his big palms touched my waist felt erotic. It set something in the air, There was some kind of electricity , some kind of tension I was too naive to understand.

"They look so beautiful together don't they!! Sir,Madam you are designed to be together! So perfect" the host blushes under his watchful stare. I neither smile nor reply anything. That's the worst compliment I ever heard. We are not. Meant. To be.

Loud cheers erupted from the crowd while few literally whistled, weren't they too sophisticated to do so? I keep my head down and the first thing I notice is his dark polished shoes, I could see my reflection in them.

He wore black slacks, neatly ironed pants, I could make out the shape of his muscular thighs. I gulp seeing his powerful strides, he reeked confidence, pure masculine confidence.

He suddenly stopped and so did the noise, there was silence now. He turned me his way, by lazily dragging his fingers. I could feel those long manicured fingers, I could feel them through the fabric. I didn't look at him, I did not dare to lift my head. I will start crying if I meet those disturbing eyes.

He pulls me close and I get a whiff of his sensual perfume. It played with my nostrils making me unconsciously lean more into him.

He stood so tall compared to my small height, he felt so intimidating, so damn daunting.

He intertwines my fingers in to his  and they fit perfectly. I observe them with rare fascination, they fit right. The touch felt right

And slowly he brings my fingers to his lips, lips that looked so threatening, he could gulp me whole. His soft lips touch my long fingers, it felt too light. He barely touched my skin but I had all sorts of butterflies in my stomach. I have never felt so alive, so conscious..

"Smile." He whispers in his husky powerful voice and I instantly grow alert, his breath was hot and it almost kissed my ear lobes

I shyly smile, trying to play good. I desperately hoped people will buy it. There were tears in my eyes, my father was on death bed and I'm celebrating, can life be anymore cruel? Can he be anymore cruel..

"A round of applause for Mrs. Nevaeh Terence Rodriguez" I stood paralysed, my head hung down in resignation. I wanted to scream at them! scream at them to stop reminding me that I'm his, stop this nonsense..stop it!

Everything was hurting, this noise, these lights! Too many eyes.. too much

Just too much!

I felt his grip on my fingers tighten and I suddenly became aware of every curve of my female body, close to his muscular built. Too close..

"Look at me." his command causally flowed from his sensuous mouth and I raise my head to meet his.

He looked breathtaking, he looked evil yet breathtaking. His sculptured face was so clear, so close..close enough to touch. Close enough to feel.. his jaw was sleek, his cheek bones were prominent. He was clean shaven today, and his face was extremely close. I could make out few faded scars on his left eyebrow and on his lip. Upper lip