SEVENTEEN; CUTTHROAT

PULLED THROUGH THE DEPTHS OF THE TANK, Tyne found her freedom at the surface as her mind took over and automatically took the breath she had been so desperately craving

PULLED THROUGH THE DEPTHS OF THE TANK, Tyne found her freedom at the surface as her mind took over and automatically took the breath she had been so desperately craving. However, her eyes remained closed as she believed it all to be a dream that took place before death. The sound of her mother's voice calling to her had caused such a bittersweet reaction inside of her. She didn't want to die, but she longed to see her mother again, even if it was for just a moment in time.

The grip on her wrist didn't seem to loosen though and arms wrapped around her small frame, continuously pulling her from what had almost been her watery grave. She could only feel the pressure of the hand that held her, no warmth or anything of the sort, simply because her body was too numb to feel anything. But as she was hoisted from the tank and brought down gently, her back came to rest against a hard surface. Exposed to the air of the night, her body's natural response was to start shivering, in hopes of warming her up before she went into further failure.

Still, Tyne could hear her name being called, especially as the hand left her wrist and she felt two hands grip her shoulders, giving her a light shake. It wasn't her mother's voice anymore, although it was familiar. The familiarity of the voice brought on further confusion, making her wonder just how she had been found? But it honestly didn't matter, what mattered was the longer they remained in the presence of Circus Arcanus, the greater risk of danger would fall upon them. 

At the thought of someone else possibly losing their life to Actaeon and Skender, Tyne forced her eyes opened, only to see brown ones, full of concern staring right back at her.

"Tyne?"

Leta Lestrange appeared angelic at the time, despite the fact that her own robes were stained with water and she was soaked from head to toe by her rescue. However, as soon as Tyne opened her eyes and looked around, a smile graced her face, one of relief as she realised she hadn't been too late. There seemed to be a bout of confusion shared between them as Leta didn't know what to say and Tyne had never expected Leta to be her rescuer.

But Leta was not alone, as the chaos seemed to be unfolding in the background. Tyne's ears were ringing as she heard shouts and scurrying all around her. She turned her head just slightly to catch a glimpse of what appeared to be Ministry workers moving around rapidly in a raid fashion. And yet, Leta didn't find it appropriate for her to watch at the time as she gently placed her hand to the side of Tyne's face, blocking the rest of the view as she threw a heavy cloak around the woman's shoulders.

Tyne's eyes peered up once more, her teeth chattering loudly as she met Leta's gaze. "I-I-I d-don't unders-s-st-stand..."

Not answering right away, Leta held her wand firmly in hand and slowly began warming Tyne up with the Hot-Air Charm before they even contemplated moving. There were shouts and yets, causing Tyne to flinch or jerk every so often, believing that Skender or Actaeon were coming for her. After all, it was all her fault that their site was being raided by the Ministry, she couldn't imagine how furious they probably were; regretting the idea that they hadn't delivered her a swift kill rather than a slow one.