Chapter Fourty One

Fred, George, and Lee hurried down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited. I trailed behind them rolling my eyes at their over enthusiasm.

"Done it," Fred said in a triumphant whisper to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Just taken it."
"What?" said Ron.
"The Aging Potion, dung brains," said Fred.
"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."
"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," said Lee, grinning broadly.
"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know," said Hermione warningly. "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this."
Fred, George, and Lee ignored her.
"There's no point H, I've been saying that for weeks" I sighed.

"Ready?" Fred said to the other two, quivering with excitement

"Ready?" Fred said to the other two, quivering with excitement. "C'mon, then - I'll go first -"
Fred pulled a slip of parchment out of his pocket bearing the words Fred Weasley - Hogwarts. Fred walked right up to the edge of the line and stood there, rocking on his toes like a diver preparing for a fifty-foot drop. Then, with the eyes of every person in the entrance hall upon him, he took a great breath and stepped over the line.
For a split second it looked like it had worked - George certainly thought so, for he let out a yell of triumph and leapt after Fred - but next moment, there was a loud sizzling sound, and both twins were hurled out of the golden circle as though they had been thrown by an invisible shot-putter. They landed painfully, ten feet away on the cold stone floor, and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise, and both of them sprouted identical long white beards.
The entrance hall rang with laughter. I burst out laughing, leaning on Lee's arm to keep myself upright. Tears of joy sped down my face as I looked at the two boys in front of me.
Even Fred and George joined in, once they had gotten to their feet and taken a good look at each other's beards.
"I did warn you," said a deep, amused voice, and everyone turned to see Professor Dumbledore coming out of the Great Hall. He surveyed Fred and George, his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

Lee and I stumbled over to the twins, both of us still howling with laughter, and started walking to the infirmary.
Once I had collected my breath I wiped the tears from my eyes, my grin still sat on my face.
"Now I do believe that you boys owe me 5 galleons" I said smugly, my eyes still drawn to the beards.
The three grumbled in distaste, something along the lines of "you knew this would happen".

The doors of the infirmary were swung open in front of us as we approached the room, and Madam Pomfrey peered out.
"I should've known you two would be here at some point today" the woman sighed, ushering them inside "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it - you never did follow the rules - been in here more times than I can count"
I let out a snigger as she scolded the twins, feeding them potions to reduce the beards.
"Kinda wish I did it now" Lee whispered, "I've always wanted to know what a beard that long feels like"