Chapter 12- Rude But Caring

"Islam is a broad-minded religion which allows men and women to like and propose to each other. It has certain limitations in it, but does not restrict it."  

It was aunty Maryam's drawing room and all the girls were sitting there with their Qurans in their hands. 

"It wants you to approach the person you like and express your feelings. If he or she likes you, you should approach the parents and tell them about your feelings. That's it! This is how love marriages should take place in Islamic society. It is wrong for parents to oppose this idea, and it is wrong for youth to do something beyond this limit. The concept of boyfriend and girlfriend is wrong, because in it, they cross a lot of limits." 

Saba was listening to these words while her mind was replaying the scene of Sahir with the university's couple. His hateful gaze came in front of her eyes and a shiver ran down her spine.

"But Aunty, it is becoming difficult to avoid this relationship in this era. A lot of people think of us as backward." A girl said at which a smile came on Aunty's face.

"My daughter, Jannah can't be earned at a cheap price. It is a highly valuable asset which can be earned after a lot of trials." 

"This era is a difficult one for people who want to follow Islamic teachings." Another girl said.

"This era is blissful for pious people. Because in this era, your small act of kindness can raise your ranks as of Sahaba's. Allah's criteria for getting Jannah is so easy these days." Aunty Maryam replied with a glint in her orbs. 

"You just have to be determined and following Islam will start becoming easy for you." Aunty Maryam said with a smile, and looked at the Quran to read Ayahs from there.

…………………..

He opened the lock of his freelance office and stepped into it. Gardeners have started working in the garden, and started giving a vibrant look to it.

He sat on the chair and took a deep sigh to calm his nerves. Today was a tough day in University. His mind kept on boiling there whenever his orbs landed on Saba. Also, there was a fear in his inner being that his colleagues will know about his marriage and will taunt him. 

"Uff!" He said while holding his head in between his hands. The fear and anger was messing with his mind, causing him to become short-tempered. 

Shooking away all the thoughts from his mind, he tried to focus on his freelance work. His Facebook group was going great and he was getting famous among fiction lovers. 

He opened Instagram, and as usual, his inbox was full of messages. Some were praisings, some were questions and some were promotional ones. He opened a promotional message which wants him to have an exclusive contract with their website in which he will be able to earn hundreds of dollars in a month.

A smirk was on his face while reading the message and he clicked the link of the website. As it was expected, teen and romantic fiction were dominant on the website. 

This website is paying hundreds of dollars because it wants the writers to write erotic romance. Any other theme will never sell here. Unfortunately, readers of quality fiction are limited in the world. And you can't find any such decent audience on these websites.

He deleted the message and focused on answering the questions of his decent and loyal audience.

As always, fiction diverted his attention from the worries of real life. And this is all what he wants at this moment.

………………….

One week flew by in which Saba faced the cold reaction of Sahir. This thing was making her frustrated now, and many "what ifs" were lurking in her mind now. Families had started preparing for the marriage ceremony, and excitement was in the atmosphere of both houses.