Book One:Doc's Life Chapter 1

Doc's Pov

-------------

"There he is, gets him" I shouted

I dived down and attacked the enemy 's general. I grabbed his wings and started to bend them back, almost breaking them.

War was raging on. Dragons were shooting fire or using their abilities. By the stones war was horrible. You have to be strong and smart to stay alive in war. I however was of both.

Still struggling with the general a thought cane into my mind. If I take the General out, I will weaken the army. While I was thinking on how to finish him the general spoke.

"Serpents tongue, the magic kingdom will rule over you! " he said. The general was a magic dragon from the Magic Kingdom. The magic dragons believed that they were the superior race.

Finally, I made up my mind to finish this nonsense. So I completely snap the dragon's wings. Soon the general, and I went into a deadly spiral to the ground and landed with a loud thud.

Pain rippled through my body from the impact. The General's body below me was twitching from breaking his spine, so I decided to end his misery by taking my claw and slicing his throat.

After doing so, I stood up and shook the dirt off of me. I then started to look around to find my surroundings.  I was still in the battle zone, and most of the dragons were in flight fighting for their lives. Healers were down on the ground healing the wounded and carrying away the dead. My mate Moonalie was a healer. She was here on the field doing her work when she noticed me. She then quickly bounded up towards me and greeted me with a nuzzle.

"My Doc! Are you all right! Shall I tend to you, my love?" She said eagerly

"I'm fine my moon. I have taken down the general, so the forces should start to weaken. I feel that we would be winning this battle. Quick, go take the injured and take them to Bonfire Island."

As I was speaking, a loud screech ranged through the air. It was a plant dragon diving down towards me.  They were notorious for springing up huge thorns to kill the healers and the wounded. They were considered the dirtiest of dragons in war, and were not fun to mess with on the ground.

"Doc!" the plant dragon said, "You will pay for killing the general!"

And as he swooped down, he started to use his power. The ground began to rumble and shook when suddenly I was pushed. I landed on the ground with a thud and looked up to see Moonalie standing in the spot where I used to be.

"I love you" she whispered, and the thorns engulfed her.

"NO!" I roared and then took to air.

I was gonna get my revenge. When I caught up with the plant dragon. I used my power to engulf him with darkness. He stumbled through the air not knowing where he was. Then I used my secondary power and blinded him with the power of the sun. With a disturbing roar, he started falling towards the ground blinded.

When he landed, I landed forcefully on him driving my claws into him. He cried out in pain, "What are you?!"

"I'm a Night-Setter and your standing before royalty! You killed my mate, and there's nothing I can forgive you for doing that!" I said in a grave tone.

I then ran my claws down his chest to his abdomen. He screamed out in pain and slowly started to die. It was done, the battle was over. The sound of a horn rang through the air, and the Magic Kingdom's army was fleeing. I then quickly headed over to where Moonalie was at and dug her out of the thorns.

Her body was starting to fade as all dragons do. Dragons fade away when they were no longer needed to help the planet.

I slowly took off her crown and nuzzled her face. Tears were sliding down my face. No sooner than later she completely disappeared. My troop started to gather around me as I held her crown. I then straighten myself out and started to speak.

"My men and women, we may have won this fight, but there is more to win. Healers, take the wounded to Bonfire Island. Now the rest of you, let's go home."

There was a roar of excitement, and the dragons took to the sky.

----------------------------------------------

We soon reached a flat field with a boulder lying in the middle of it. This was the Shadow kingdom. Yes, it doesn't look like much, but what's under the rock is the main question. All of Serpantos doesn't know the location of the Shadow Kingdom it's a must kept secret to the inhabitants of the kingdom. I quickly landed by the rock and looked around for spies. Then, I quickly lifted the rock and my troops flooded in.

Inside was a vast underground Kingdom. It was a kingdom of multiple species living in it: the Shadow dragons, main native species. The Black-Flame dragons, they create flames on their bodies, very similar to the Flame dragon but Black-Flame dragon can produce lava and coals. The Black-Flame dragons were very important, they help light torches around the kingdom to help keep a certain species alive. Finally, the Night-Setters were a group of dragons that help create the night sky. Every night the Sky dragons must take the sun out of the sky so the Night-Setters can drag the broad blanket of darkness across the sky, and place the moon and stars on that blanket.

Now, the last two species are scarce and are encouraged to produce more children. It's hard to have Black-Flame dragons because Fire dragons have more dominant genes than Shadow dragons. Night-Setters are rare because they have to live in a certain condition. They must have a balanced diet of both darkness and light. So they live in the Shadow Kingdom where the Black-Flame dragons create light for them.

In the Shadow Kingdom, there are two rulers, the Shadow King, and me. We are very good friends, and since my kind is one the most important species I am the ruler.

Everything was perfect in the Shadow Kingdom. Suddenly I was snapped out of my train of thought, and I remembered that I need to find my son.

Stark.

----------

Here is a picture of the shadow dragons.