𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

———✰———

The four stood in front of the girl who was sitting on the basement sofa wearing Veronica's jacket who was now wearing Mike's jacket who refused to let her 'freeze to death' on the way back.

"Is there a number we can call? For your parents?" Mike asked quickly.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked bluntly making Mike and Veronica whack his arm.

"Are you in some sort of trouble" Veronica tried but Lucas interrupted before she could answer.

"Is that blood?" He asked reaching forward and pointing at the red spot on the girl's shirt making Mike slap his hand away and Veronica to roll her eyes at him.

"Stop it your freaking her out" Mike snapped.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas snapped back.

"I bet she's deaf" Dustin suggested clapping in the girls face making her flinch and Veronica to roll her eyes again before commenting "no duh"

"Not deaf" he shrugged making Veronica squint at him like he was an idiot.

"Alright, that's enough alright? She's just scared and cold" Veronica snapped stopping any of the boys from doing anything else.

Her comment prompted Mike to walk over to the clean washing hamper and get some clean clothes. "Here, these are clean, okay?" He said handing them to her making her stand up and shrug the jacket off.

She started to pull the oversized top off making the boys cover their eyes and exclaim as Veronica stopped before she showed too much.

"You see over there. That's the bathroom, privacy" Veronica explained before gently taking her hand and lead here there. As she started to close the door the wet girl stopped her as Mike came up behind her.

"You don't want it closed?" Veronica questioned.

"No" the girl responded making Mike and Veronica share a shocked smile.

"So you can speak?" Veronica questioned playfully "How about we leave the door just like this" she suggested leaving the door open a crack "is that better?"

"Yes," the girl responded making Veronica smile victoriously before she and Mike walked back to the two boys.

"This is mental" Dustin commented still in shock that the girl almost stripped in front of them.

"At least she can talk" Mike defends making Veronica smile and point to him in agreement.

"She said no and yes. Your three year old sister says more" Lucas pointed out.