+ bonus

*

*

"Wow."

Eleanor couldn't help the sound of disbelief that escaped her as she looked around the house on the island. After a sixteen hour plane ride on top of an hour long boat ride, the married couple had finally made it to Isle Ellie.

"Do you like it?" Eleanor whipped around to see Carlisle with the luggage in his hands.

She nodded at her husband with a large grin. "I thought the pictures were amazing. It's nothing compared to real life."

Carlisle smiled at Eleanor, sitting the suitcase down before walking towards her. He wrapped his icy arms around her waist, kissing her forehead. "I'm glad you think so. It's ours - we can come here whenever we feel like."

Eleanor breathed another sigh of disbelief, not believing that Carlisle would buy her a freaking island. It was insanely beautiful - Eleanor completely loved the windows that surrounded the house, giving her a perfect view of the beach outside. The beach was nothing like the one in La Push. Its sand was white, water as blue as the sky above and it looked perfectly clear, even in the evening light.

The house was another sight in itself. Eleanor thought their house in Forks was impressive, but their house on their island was instantly replacing her thoughts. Dark wood decorated the house on the stairs, and the tables. The furniture was all white, with splashes of tropical colors here and there. The floor was a light brown wood, covered by another white rug. She still couldn't get over the windows that let in so much light. She loved that Carlisle wouldn't have to hide his skin on their island.

She walked out of Carlisle's grasp, standing in front of the window looking over the ocean. The sunset cast an orange and pink reflection on the water, making it look like a smooth painting. "Do you want to go out?"

Eleanor looked back at Carlisle and then her dress. She smiled. "Let me change and then I'll meet you out there."

Carlisle leaned forward to kiss her softly before pulling back with a grin. "Don't be too long."

She waited as her husband disappeared through the wide glass doors before she did a little celebratory dance. Eleanor couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she was married to Carlisle, and that they now sat on their very own island. After a moment, she stopped jumping around and took a deep breath.

El grabbed her luggage that Carlisle had placed in the kitchen and put in onto one of the couches before opening it. She had packed most of it herself, mainly because she heard what Alice did to Bella. She didn't want to take any chances.

Eleanor grabbed a swimsuit and a towel that she had packed, before she kicked off her shoes and went to search for a bathroom. After marveling at the bathroom she found, she was able to focus on getting changed to meet Carlisle down at the beach.

She looked over herself in the mirror multiple times, chewing on her lip as she looked at the swimsuit. It wasn't like Carlisle had seen her in a bathing suit before - there was barely any opportunities to in Forks - and she was feeling anxious.

It wasn't like Carlisle hadn't seen her exposed before. While the two hadn't been completely intimate, they did share some steamy moments. Eleanor closed her eyes, sighing deeply as she grabbed her towel. "It's just Carlisle, El. Don't be an idiot."

She padded barefoot through the house, keeping her towel close to her stomach as she reached the back door. El could see Carlisle's silhouette through the glass, smiling at him as he stepped into the water.

After taking another deep breath, Eleanor pulled open the glass door and began her walk to the ocean water. The sand was still warm on her feet, even though the sun had disappeared. She relished in the feeling for a moment, wishing La Push had sand this warm.

She finally reached the water, placing her towel down next to Carlisle's before she let her feet touch the water. She had braced herself for the cold, but relaxed instantly when she felt how warm the ocean there was.

"Took you long enough." Carlisle teased her when she appeared beside him, causing her to splash a little water on him.

"I didn't take that long." She told him, and Carlisle laughed.

"I'm just teasing you." He said as he turned to look at her. Eleanor could feel her cheeks turning red - even in the dark, she could feel Carlisle's eyes on her body. His strong hands gripped her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"You're beautiful, El." He whispered as he kissed the side of her neck.

She smiled shyly, looking away from his watchful eyes and towards the water. "I still can't believe this is happening."

"That what's happening?" Carlisle smiled. "That we're married or that we're here?"

"Both." She shrugged, intertwining her hand with his, and placing her back to his chest. "It feels like a dream."

They stood in silence now, listening as the waves broke against the shore. The moon shone against the water, casting a glow that allowed the two to see the ocean in front of them. It was nice to know that they were the only two on the island and wouldn't be interrupted by anyone.

Carlisle suddenly turned Eleanor around to face him, placing one hand on her waist as his other put her own hands around his neck. Eleanor started to laugh as he began to dance with her. "What're you doing?"

"Am I not allowed to dance with my wife?" He smiled.

"Of course you are." She nodded. "You can dance with me whenever you want."

He twirled her through the water, listening as her laugh broke through the quiet air. She placed her head on his chest, removing her hands from his neck and wrapping them around him in a tighter embrace. "I love you."

"I love you, El." He kissed the top of her head.

El sighed in contentment, closing her eyes as she leaned against him. She wished she could stay on this island with Carlisle forever, just the two of them in their own little world. Eventually though, they would have to return home to their own responsibilities. She still had school and Carlisle still had his work, and they both had family that they couldn't leave.

But no matter what, at least they would always have each other.

***

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Guys it's been so long and I miss this story so much 😭
I'm sorry I haven't been able to write much (for Control or Bones) but I've been so busy with school and work that I haven't had time.
But I am out of school until 1/13/20 so hopefully I can write as much as possible.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a great Holiday season and I hope you all enjoy this little bonus for the time being. I love you all sooo much!

Pleuvoirx