Chapter 17 - Rocky

Sang

Once we touched down in Chicago, I smirked. This was my home. I was in control here. No one could cross me and I had people watching my back. I didn't show it, but in Charleston, I was caught off guard. We had been in their field and now they were in mine. 

Now, I need to find Rocky. Luckily, it was already night, the time where all my friends come out of the shadows. I straight up ignore the boys. I explained how Chicago worked and what my plan, so couldn't they just shut up! 

Annoyed at the bickering boys, I turn around, "Shut up already! You are making yourselves so obvious. I need silence, God dammit!"

That shut them up. I continued walking down the street towards the Southside of Chicago. Rocky enjoys spending his night at the Green Door Tavern which he owned. If you know how to get in, there is an underground level complete with strip dancers where he does business. It is well-known on the dark net.

Once we got close to my destination, I addressed the boys, "Don't do anything stupid. Stay close to me and say you're with me if anyone asks. Don't call me by my name. I don't go by Sang here. Do not cause trouble unless you are willing to kill them. That's how it is here. If you get into a fist fight, kill the person you are fighting because or else they will come back with a gun to shoot you. I am in charge. North is acting as the leader of you boys. He looks the part and that's all that matters on the street. Am I clear?"

A chorus of "I am willing and will obey," followed.

With that taken care of, I head into the Green Door Tavern. It honestly looks like a type of biker bar at first. I nod towards one of Rocky's men as his eyes widen in recognition. He immediately leaves his post to go warn Rocky. As I said, last time I was here, I had pissed off Ace and ran to Rocky. Everything smoothed over and Ace loved Mel, so everything turned out fine. But now everyone underneath Rocky seems like a sign for trouble.

I won't lie that is what usually follows me around.

The boys are getting weird looks from everyone around us. I mean if I didn't know them, I would too. They were so different, yet it was obvious they ran together. If I didn't know better, I would say they run their own gang. I guess the Academy is like the mob if I wanted to push the analogy.

I walk up to the bar, "Shot of whiskey on the rocks."

The bartender gives me the drink and I down it in one gulp. I need it to deal with everything that has happened. The only way I can keep moving and not have a panic attack is to not focus on the fact that a psychopath has my children. Don't focus on that, do not, do not at all.

I was on my third shot when Rocky's man came up to me, "Boss wants to see you."

I stand up, "I know the way. I am also bringing my friends."

He tried to correct me, "They aren't allow-"

I cut him off, "If I say they can, they can. Mind your own business."

The guy quickly flees and I motion for my boys to follow me. They all look uncomfortable as hell. This really isn't their scene. I mean they are used to it, but Chicago is a whole new ball game. It was my home when I was younger and now I try to visit often. It is good to have friends all over the world.

I walk into the illegal part of the Green Door Tavern. The difference stands out immediately. It gave a more club feel on this side. I move across the room easily while my boys keep running into the various dancers and people. I swear they are so clumsy except Luke of course. I have to wait for them to eventually catch up. We walk in silence to a corner and wait.