Chapter 19 | Four Little Letters

A/N: Sorry for the delay.
. . .

"Jungkook, stop." Jimin giggled, dragging the younger into his dorm. He was thrilled to bring Kookie inside, but was determined to stay silent and avoid his mother at all costs. He wasn't in any mood to deal with her at the moment.

"Don't wanna stop." Jungkook pouted, gripping the door frame as Jimin tried to pry his hands from the wooden molding. "M' comfy right out here." He pouted and slid onto the floor, becoming jello as Jimin attempted, and failed, to support his weight.

"You're such a child! Is this because of my mom?" He groaned, dragging Jungkook into the dorm by his legs. The younger kicked and whined softly, but allowed himself to be dragged nonetheless.

"Can't believe she's here right now. Your mom is gonna hate me." He grumbled from the floor. Jimin merely rolled his eyes and pulled the whining drunk into his bedroom.

"Now, why would she hate you?" He laughed, closing and locking the door to his room before returning to Jungkook. He stood over the pouting child with folded arms and a curious expression.

"Cuz' she'll think I'm a faggot." He groaned, covering his face with large hands. Jimin let out a sharp gasp, his hands falling to his side in shock.

"You don't really think that?" He breathed, his eyes wide in disbelief. Jungkook's silence was a clear enough answer.

"Jungkook, look at me." Jimin demanded, his tone stern. Kook looked up at him with sad eyes, his posture defeated.

"What?" He mumbled, sniffling and rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. Jimin sighed and sat on the ground next to him, his back against the edge of his bed.

"My mother will love you, Jungkook. How could she not?" He questioned softly, making sure he had the boy's full attention. Jimin lifted a hand to Jungkook's hair and caressed it softly, playing with a single strand.

"I'm not supposed to like boys, though." He sighed, closing his eyes at Jimin's touch. Both stayed quiet, finding peace in the moment. Thoughts swarmed in their heads, filling with regrets and careless mistakes.

Jimin knew he missed Tae. He missed him with every ounce of his being, his heart pleading to see him again. But, he couldn't bring himself to do it. No matter how many times Taehyung wanted to fix things, Jimin couldn't see them getting better.

Jungkook knew he missed his dad. However fucked up that was, he realized he simply enjoyed his touch. That was, apparently, enough justification for his heart. If he liked it, he should have it. His brain knew otherwise, however. He knew it was idiocy at its finest, a mere infatuation with a feeling of longing and being wanted. He let out a soft whine.

He didn't even understand his own feelings anymore.

"Jungkook." Jimin whispered suddenly, snapping both boys out of their daze. Jungkook hummed in response, a low and guttural noise that sent shivers down Jimin's spine. He softly cleared his throat before talking.

"There is nothing wrong with who you love." He whispered, making Jungkook stiffen in fear.

"W-What do you mean?" He stammered, his heart thumping in his chest. He couldn't mean-

"Boys." Jimin sighed, grabbing Jungkook's hand in his own. "There is nothing wrong with falling for a guy. Sometimes, you fall in love and everyone will tell you it's wrong. Everyone will convince you to follow tradition, past, history." He took a shaky breath and glanced at Jungkook as he closed his eyes, soaking up Jimin's words as a sponge would soak water. Jimin smiled softly and continued. "I think. . . I think it's time to make new history. New memories, new traditions." Jungkook opened his eyes to look at Jimin sleepily. His eyes were heavy from the slight alcohol that lingered in his system, making him work harder to stay alert.