35

Gasping my eyes flung open and I rose up into a sitting position. My hands went to my spinning head and I cleared my throat to calm down the burning sensation. I coughed slightly and felt my stomach ache.

Wait. I thought and gasped, pressing my hands onto my stomach.

I coughed and felt tears fill in my eyes. "My baby!" I cried out loud, while the tears rolled down my cheeks.

Standing up onto my feet, I whimpered and held my stomach. "I need Jo." I mumbled, spotting my phone across the floor and picked it up.

I skipped past and ignored the missed calls and unanswered texts from everyone and dialed Jo's number. "Hello." She sounded sleepy, I probably had woken her since it was early in the morning.

"Jo." I coughed and gasped, resting my hand on the wall to balance myself. My voice broke from my sobs and my throat was burning. "Jo, something happened. Something is wrong with me."

I heard movement. "What?" She sounded frantic. "What happened, Riley?"

I sniffed. "I was walking home and Lily." I whined. "Jo, she made me drink her blood." Jo gasped. "I....I tried to say I was pregnant and she..."

"Riley, Riley please talk to me."

"Jo, she snapped my neck." I cried. "Now my throat is burning and-"

Jo gasped. "Oh my god."

"Jo, I don't know what to do." I whined, sobbing to myself. "What's happening to me?"

Jo paused for a moment. "Riley, you're in transition."

"What?"

Jo sighed. "Lily turned you into a vampire. If you don't drink human body, you'll die."

I nearly fell down at her words but managed to keep myself upright. "That bitch."

++++

"My baby!" I cried to Jo, holding her wrist. She looked at me with a sympathetic gaze. "Jo, is my baby okay?"

Immediately after I ended my call with Jo, I ran to meet her at the hospital. It turned out that vampire speed was highly useful and I made it there in seconds.

Due to her high status, Jo was able to take me into a private section of the building to run some tests to understand what's happened.

I remembered that I fought a powerful urge to suck the blood that pumped around her body. I knew that Jo noticed this because she would occasionally give me a wary look and kept her distance.

Jo's eyes widened and she lifted up my shirt to look at my bump. I rested against the bed, running my hands down my face in sorrow.

I can't lose this baby, it's the closest thing I'll probably ever get to Kai.

I peek at Jo through my eyes. "Jo." My voice cracked and she glanced at me from a piece of paper in her hands. "My baby, is it..."

"I don't know, Riley." She told me and I whimpered. "You need to stay calm and let me do some tests." I nodded, hearing her heartbeat echo in my ears and the smell of her blood fill my nostrils.

No Riley!

I laid against the hospital bed and shut my eyes, my fists clenched at my sides to calm myself down. Kai, think of Kai, Riley. I told myself. Just don't hurt Jo, because she's pregnant and you will harm the babies.

"Riley." Jo said. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "Your baby....." She paused and smile slightly with a laugh. "Its alive."

I gasped, my hands reaching up to touch my bump. "It's alive?" She nodded and I laughed, tears running down my cheeks with joy. "But how?"