08. 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘂𝘀

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?"

Eszter rushes towards the front of the ship, watching from the camera view. The screen shows a picture of the planet, and unfamiliar things flash across the screen. Nothing Eszter understood, seeming to be in another language, she assumes.

"I think we're here," Strange responds, eyeing the screen as Eszter could feel her heart practically drop to her stomach.

Eszter could feel her hands trembling in fear because she knows that she will have to face the creature. Exhaling deeply, Eszter swipes her sweaty palms against the fabric of her suit, but it does no help as it glides across the material.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function," Tony walks towards the control systems and looks up at the two arms. He rushes towards one and starts putting his hand into it. "Get your hand inside the steering gimbal. Close those around it." Tony smacks it close as Peter does as he's told. "You understand?"

"Yep, I got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time," Peter nods, assuring the man that he's ready. Then, Tony turns his head and sees the girl was only standing behind them, doing nothing but observing. "Hey, half-pint, think you can help us with your powers?"

But Eszter couldn't hear him. Her ears rung, heart beating against her chest, hands trembling at her sides; the enhanced was scared. The fear was running through her veins, and the teen was beginning to feel herself coming close to a panic attack, but she forces it not to show. She's a superhero, and she shouldn't let her emotions get the best of her, but Eszter couldn't get Thanos' voice out of her head.

They were echoing like a broken record, reminding her every day that she will destroy the world, not Thanos. But was that really what she believes? Eszter couldn't help but lean towards his story, seeming as her dreams were coming true. How could this not? Everyone is in danger.

Again, Eszter believed Thanos.

The enhanced didn't know whether or not her destiny was to destroy the world, or any world at that, but Eszter has always tried to ignore this burning feeling that withered away in her chest. For years, Eszter has been suffering from the effects of her powers; darkness has its way of manipulating those around them.

"Hey, half-pint," Eszter jumps, snapping out from her thoughts. "We can really use your powers right about now."

Hesitantly, Eszter raises her hands as the violet tendrils began seeping from her body; it connects with the steering that both men were holding onto. Eszter bites her lip in concentration, ignoring her self-doubts as she bends her fingers as the tendrils swim around in the air, keeping the steering somewhat stable. They couldn't feel that it was moving horribly, but to be frank, Eszter has a terrible view.

The teenager grunts as she uses her strength to keep the ship going forward. Doctor Strange creates an orange force field around the group, protecting them for precaution.

"We might wanna turn," Peter exclaims. "Turn! Turn! Turn!"

Then, the ship collides into Titan, slamming against an abandoned building, which made Eszter's job a bit more troubling. Peter and Tony use both hands to keep the steering in place when they felt it jerk. The spider-boy grunts. The enhanced bares her teeth, her arms trying to lower, but she could feel the weight of the ship not wanting to slow down. Eszter groans and blasts another wave of energy as her eyes shot a familiar violet color.

Eszter continues to help Tony and Peter by turning the steering, grunting as she struggles.

Crashing down to the ground, Eszter bends her knees to absorb the rough landing, but she wobbled lightly when she wasn't able to due to the landing. Pieces of the ship began to rip away as Eszter could feel the ship slowing underneath her powers; however, Doctor Strange kept them alive--for the most part. Without his force-field, they probably would've died.