e i g h t

You wake up the next day for school, it's only Tuesday.

When you go downstairs to leave, Jin is there, buttoning up a white shirt.

"Good morning." he says, smiling brightly.

"Hi! Do you want me to make you anything?" you say, sitting on the last step of the stairs to put your sneakers on.

"Actually, I made some french toast for everyone, grab some it's on the stove." he nods, running his hands through his hair. "Y/N, do you think we can get more copies of the house keys made?" he asks.

You stand up, placing both straps of your backpack on your shoulder, "Uh, sure. I gave my extra to Jungkook."

"What about me?" Jungkook asks, walking down the stairs while he puts on his tie to complete the school's uniform rules.

"We're getting more copies of the house keys." Jin answers.

"Sure, take mine." he digs in his pocket and throws his key across the space, Jin swiftly catching it.

"Alright, I'm heading out. Drive safe." Jin puts on his coat and leaves.

"He made french toast." you smirk to Jungkook.

"And that's why I love them." he says, walking into the kitchen.

~

After third period you have a small break, so you go into Jungkook's homeroom class to look for him like usual.

Except this time he's not there.

His teacher notices you, "He's not here today." she says, her face confused.

"What? He didn't come in?" you ask. It made no sense, he drove to school with you, he had his uniform on and everything.

She shakes her head.

"Thank you, Miss Wong." you say and leave, confused, and annoyed, it's not a short walk from your school to your house.

You take your phone out of your pocket to call him, but as you expected he doesn't answer.

You continue the school day, not focusing on any teachers explanation through their lectures as all that goes through your mind is why Jungkook wasn't at school.

~

After a 25 minute walk, you get back into the house and instantly pour yourself a glass of water, chugging it down in seconds.

When you was the glass in the sink, Jungkook walks into the kitchen.

"Hey." he says.

"Thanks for leaving me." you give him a look and he sighs.

"I'm sorry, they needed me."

"The guys?" you ask.

He nods.

"For what?" you ask, taking off your cardigan.

He shrugs, you wait for an answer, but he gives none.

"Jungkook, what's going on?" a feeling in you has been off since Jimin told you that they move around a lot, and you find it odd that they're barely home.

I mean, you don't even know what they do, but how could they possibly be all away for such long periods of time?

"Is something wrong?" he runs his fingers through his hair, biting his bottom lip out of habit.

"Yeah, you're all acting weird. I don't know if this is normal but it isn't to me." you say.

"They're really busy, and our families are really close, so when something with Jimin's dad goes wrong for example, it involves us all. That's it, I promise." he comes to you and takes your hands.

"Promise?" you ask again to reassure yourself.

"Mhm." he nods.

"Fine."