Midnight Terrors

It was a normal day with the triplets, they were outside, playing... er, more so Eden and Beatrice playing while Madison sat on the porch, listening to them while watching their blurs move around. "Dude! That's cheating!" Rice shouted at her older brother by two minutes and 35 seconds. "It's only cheating if you're forever short!" he shouted back before jumping over Beatrice from the slide that's in the back. "Meanie!" she shouted as Madison was now looking closely in his notebook that he had been writing for many years now, ever since he learnt how to talk. He kept logs about his and his sibling's every day life along with his. His mother is proud that he's smarter than he seems all because he was blind.

Eden slid next to Madison while Beatrice slid on the other side, trying to look. "Whatcha writin' 'bout?" Eden asked causing the youngest sibling to sigh before getting up and looking at the two. "I, unlike you simpletons, am keeping logs of our every movement, every word, and every... foolish, brainless, action. Now bug off from me, you two. I have more important matters to attend to. Even if this book is meant to keep watch of you two. Just wait until we our wands then you'll be unable to get away with your dirty little mischievous habits when you're with that Potter boy and Malfoy boy. Should be bloody lucky that Hettie Potter has more brains than you two and those two combined," he spoke, facing the wrong way from them.

"... MOM! DAD!" the two called out until getting tackled by their brother who covered their mouths with his hands to refrain them from talking. "You dunderheads, pipe down or I'll shove a Eden's socks in your mouths!" he spoke harshly as they pushed him off before running off with #3's notebook and pen. "Hey!" he called out before getting up and trying to follow them, but sadly everything became dark around him as if he was running in darkness. Endless darkness. "Eden! Beatrice!" he cried out as he started to slowly walk, reaching into the dark. "Mom? Dad?" he asked again as he looked around, tears running down his face. "... Anyone?" he whimpered out before falling down to his knees and looking up, crying for anyone to find him.

He woke up with a start as he sat up, only to see nothing but blurs. He touched his face to feel his wet cheeks while he tried to catch his breath slightly. He looked over to his brother's bed to see him falling off, snoring. He got up, shaking slightly before heading to his sister's room and opening the door slightly to see she's curled up in a ball, on her bed, sleeping peacefully. He sighed inaudible. "And why is my youngest child doing up at this hour?" Madison jumped at the voice a bit before turning to see a tall, shadow like figure. "D-dad, I um," he started before looking down, wiping his nose. Severus bent down and made his son look at him. Madison's eyes were grayish-white as the moon, only without the glow. "What happened?" he asked as Madison hugged his father, clinging onto him like his mother would when she's scared.

"I-I had a nightmare," he started before Severus picked him up and carried him to the kitchen for some milk and cookies(so out of character, but these are your kids). Being taller than the other two, he was still light as a feather. Somewhat expected from a six to seven year old. Severus set Madison down and helped him sit down before getting a cup and a small plate for the milk and cookies. "Do tell me, what happened in these dreams?" Severus asked as he sniffled softly before speaking, "I-I... I was watching Eden and Rice play, but I was mostly writing in my notebook like always, keeping track of them. F-for some reason, I wasn't acting like myself. I said things that would hurt them worse than any curse, well... maybe not any curse, but you get what I mean. I..." he stopped as he felt so much guilt. "You...?" Severus asked, placing the milk and cookies in front of Madison. He covered his face with his shirt, trying not to cry.

"I... I called them dunderheads. Dirty, mischievous, brainless, foolish dunderheads. I called Malfoy and Harry Potter trouble makers in so many words," he spoke, barely in a voice, but Severus heard him clear as day. Severus pulled Madison over to him and hugged him. "I'm sorry dad," he sobbed out, shaking like thin trees in harsh winds. "Shh... I know. It was just a dream," Severus spoke as he kept crying. After crying, Madison drank his milk and ate his cookies while Severus kept a eye on him while comforting him before leading him back to his and #1's room. "Thanks dad," Madison whispered before hugging his father one last time before going to bed. "You're welcome. Get some sleep, your mother will be worried if she found out you're awake," Severus spoke before heading to bed, leaving #3 alone.

Madison waited until he heard the door of Severus and (F/n)'s bedroom close. He got up and reached for his desk before sitting down and pulled out his notebook and started to write everything,

"December 24th, 2014. Started at - 2:35:12, London, England time

"I had another nightmare about my reoccurring nightmare of me hurting my siblings then being alone in the dark. Only this time, there was no whispers of a deep voice saying, "The heir will raise again." or "You must kill all Muggle-borns and muggles". I dunno, I'm confused by these whispers because I don't mind them. They're my friends. And if anything were to happen to them, I would not be afraid to do everything my power to protect them from all harm. But if I had to... I will find out who ever is doing these whispers, I will bring them to the depths of "hell" and personally handle them. Today around eight in the morning, we're going to Hagrid's to learn about his work with magical creatures. Harry and Hettie is jealous that we're getting to see them first and Malfoy is waiting to see them for himself. We're meeting Buckbeck today, which is nice. But I personally want to know what those strange looking horses are.

"Black as night, mostly bone looking, but has skin, extremely warm, but they seem to hold a dark aura around them. I dunno. I can't wait to meet Buckbeck and see Hagrid again. As much as dad hates the fact that we like him more than anything. I best be heading to bed now. Goodnight to whoever reads this in the future.

"Ended at - 2:40:50, London, England time."

Madison put away his notebook before reaching for his bed again then laying down and bundled up. He looked at his hand to see it still blurry. "If only I could see..." he thought before closed his eyes and started to drift, soon... he was asleep, dreaming about darkness again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the names are picked, I will come back and change #1(Eden), #2(Beatrice/Rice), and #3(Madison/Maddy/Mad) to the names that were mostly picked. I hoped you enjoyed! I worked really hard on this.