4. Mashed Potatoes

"Daryl, you cover the back." Shane ordered. The doors were open, and between the dead or the unknown, the group knew what they were choosing.

"Hello, hello?" Rick asked cautiously as they walked into the building. Lori clutched the children's hands as they entered. Ricks voice echoed and it made Diego giggle slightly. It sounded funny despite the situation.

"Watch those doors. Watch for walkers."

There was footsteps, the group turned around to look near the stairs. There was a man.

"Anybody infected?" The man said. He was holding a big gun. Diego slowly hid behind Loris legs so that the man couldn't see her.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick said sadly. Diego knew he was talking about Jimbo.

"Why are you here what do you want?" He asked rather quickly, walking down the stairs.

"A chance."

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know." Rick snapped.

"You all submit to a blood test that's the price of admission." The man said after a moment of silence.

"We can do that." Rick nodded.

"You got stuff to bring in you do that now. Once this door closes it stays closed." he said walking down the rest of the steps and putting down his gun.

Diego stood by Jacqui and Carol as some of the men ran to get the bags. Diego pouted a little when Rick walked back over to Carl. She wished Sammy and Dean were with here. Cass too.

"VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." The man said to a thing on the wall. It made all the doors shut and shutters came down too. Nothing was getting in, but that also meant that the group weren't getting out. The thought made Diego shudder.

"Rick Grimes." Rick said with an extended hand.

"Doctor Edwin Jenner." The man replied with. Everyone started to follow Jenner after a few moments, Fiego sticking behind Daryl.

They walked into a tiny box room. Apparently it moved? Diego got a little scared and asked Daryl to pick her up, but the man pretended as if he didn't hear her. Shane sighed and picked the child up.

"Doctors always go round packing heat like that?" Daryl broke the silence.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarised myself." Jenner spoke. "You all look harmless enough... except you two. I'll have to keep my eyes on you." He joked, looking at Diego and Carl.

He grinned while others chuckled. Diego hid her face into Shanes shoulder. There was a ding and the doors opened and the group poured out of the little moving room. Diego wasn't sure she liked it.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked meekly, looking to Jenner.

"Are you claustrophobic?" The man asked.

"A little." Carol admitted.

"Try not to think about it." Jenner sighed.

Great advice mister doctor man. That's like telling someone who's drowning to just drink the water. Diego decided that this man was silly.

Once again, he lead the group into a room, but this time, it was huge.

"VI, bring up the lights in the big room!" Jenner shouted. Diego watched with bright eyes as loads of lights turned on.