Part 32

Chapter 32

" The Managers of the championship called, we have to leave after a week." Arvi said as she sat with Kai to which he silently nodded. " so? What about Tala ?" she whispered, "Everything is fine." he smiled. "What exactly did you say to him?" Arvi asked " nothing much, I may have just hinted to him that we like each other." he said looking away. "And he bought it ?" she asked her eyes widened "I am a pretty good liar you know " Kai chuckled. "That you are." she said looking down.

"What?" he asked, keeping aside his plate. "Keep on eating." she said as she pushed the plate towards him again. " I was just thinking championship is not far away, have you thought about what you are going to do after this?" she asked him seriously. "I will figure something out." Kai said carelessly " when? Ray is going to go back to China work with the Bega there, Max, Kenny, and Tyson are going to work with Max's dad, it's you who doesn't have anything planned, they all are worried about you and I am guessing this is what they were talking about the whole day and you just don't care." she said firmly.

"They are worried about me ?" Kai chuckled " you think they don't care about you?" Arvi frowned at him. "All right, I know they do but they don't have too, I will just work something out for myself." he said as he played with his food. "Will you just go back and take over your grandfather's company?" Arvi said merely as a whisper. "NO." he said in a cold voice.

"Do you have any suggestions?" he said looking at Arvi to which she nodded furiously. "Mr.Dickenson will be soon starting up a new training center you know for the beginners and bladers, they will be looking for a coach and who could teach them better than you? this way you can keep on doing what you love,.. that is to boss people around." she added " haha... so funny!!" Kai said rolling his eyes. " I know I am funny... but what do you think? I talked to Mr.Dickenson and he said he will be glad if you agreed." she chirped " yeah, we will see about that but right now we have a championship to win so let's just concentrate on that." he said tapping on the table to which she nodded and left.

"I hope I am not disturbing you." Ray said as he came into the kitchen while Kai washed his plate "why aren't you asleep yet?" he asked without looking " I want to ask you something." Ray said rubbing his palms together. " shoot!" Kai said as he kept the plate on its place.

"What is going on between you and RV ?" Ray blurted in a single breath, shutting his eyes tight expecting a blow anytime but nothing happened. " what do you mean ?" Kai asked calmly. "What I mean is what is going on? What did I miss? how you two started getting along this well, she knows the things even I don't know about you, you are discussing weird stuff with her, having normal conversations? I thought you didn't like her then what happened here all of a sudden?" Ray asked, his voice calm now but still maintaining a safe distance. " it's not what you think, I have just accepted her as our manager and 5th blader and because of that I have to cooperate with her." Kai repeated the lines that he said to Tala a few hours ago.

"You think I am blind? you have changed don't you realize that? you didn't even used to talk with us and now you even reply to our greetings properly, you are calm but not cold, that wall that used to be between you and people is not there anymore..." Ray said. " so you want me to be like before?" Kai asked as he laid back on the wall. " obviously not, I just want to know if RV has something to do with this?" Ray looked at him hopefully. "No, you can't just give away credit for all my work on being a little open and approachable to her, that's just unfair. " Kai said glaring at Ray as he walked away replaying the conversation of Tala and Ray again and again in his head "Is it really because of her?" he asked himself as he glanced at the bed next to him where she slept peacefully before shaking his head and calling it night.