Mistaken

Elena, Jenna, Jeremy and I walked out of the police station to see Stefan waiting for us at the bottom of the steps. "We'll meet you at the car in a minute." I stated and cleared my throat at Jenna who looked back at Elena and I.

"Okay." She replied with a nod as she walked by Stefan who smiled in acknowledgment.

"You okay?" Stefan asked Elena once Jeremy and Jenna were out of earshot.

"I don't think the Sheriff suspected anything. Jeremy had no memory at all—all he knew was what Damon made him know." Elena stated, furrowing her eyebrows as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Thank you." Stefan said quietly, looking between us and and I slowly nodded back at him while Elena sighed in defeat.

"I can't do this, Stefan." Elena stated in defeat. "Every time I look at Jeremy or Matt, I know that Vicki isn't coming back—and they'll never know why. Everywhere around you, people die and go missing and I can't. I—it's just—It's just too much." Elena pointed out and I looked away from the two of them, waiting for their 'moment' to be over.

"Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it?" Stefan asked her reassuringly, grabbing her hands in his but she shook her head.

"No." Elena replied, pulling away from him and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Stefan, you have to stay away from me.." She added before walking to the car quickly. I sighed, shaking my head after her and looking at Stefan.

"She just—she just needs time." I stated, nodding in some reassurance but not very convincingly I'm afraid. "She'll come around." I added with a small smile. "Eventually." I stated before walking after her.
~~~

Jenna sighed heavily, landing on the couch beside me. "You're wallowing." She informed in defeat and I rose an eyebrow at her.

"So are you." I pointed out skeptically and she rolled her eyes.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." She countered and I folded my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, well, Logan's a jerk." I informed, shrugging in amusement and Jenna scoffed.

"You didn't get a brush off email saying 'I'm leaving town. See ya.' " Jenna clarified in defeat and I looked at her fully to see a disappointed look.

"Wanna keep it down over there?" Jeremy asked in annoyance from the table behind us.

"Why, what are you doing?" Jenna asked, looking behind the couch as he looked up from what he was working on.

"Homework." He answered and I furrowed my eyebrows and looked behind the couch at him also.

"Since when do you do homework?" I asked sarcastically, shaking my head at him.

"I gotta finish this. I'm way behind and I have a quiz tomorrow, so.." Jeremy replied, flipping through pages of the textbook and looking up at Jenna and I before going back to his notes.

"What do you think? Alien?" I asked Jenna as we both watched Jeremy in silent confusion.

"Some sort of replicant." Jenna agreed, both of us staring at him for a few more seconds before he rolled his eyes and looked between us.

"He can hear you." Jeremy stated, giving us a fake smile in annoyance and writing down more notes.

-Time Skip-

"You up?" A voice asked, knocking on my door and I turned to see Bonnie standing there. I sighed and rolled over to stare up at the ceiling.

"No." I answered, pulling the covers over me. Bonnie rolled her eyes and came towards me, pulling the covers off of my head.