6. Eggys and Milk

I woke up somehow back on Daryl's lap again and he was chewing his nail so I slapped his hand away again.

"Hey sunshine are you okay?"  I hummed and sat on his lap. He tensed a bit but I cuddled into his chest and soaked in the warmth that he was radiating.

About ten minutes later someone honked their horn so we had to stop. Daryl said that we had to save gas and go on his motorcycle and he even said I could ride it with him!

Daryl put me in-front of him and told me to cross my legs like a pretzel and he said to stay as close to his chest as I could so that I didn't fall off. Soon enough he revved the engine and we set off again.

"WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!" I yelled followed by a huge fit of giggles. I felt Daryl's chest vibrate too meaning he was happy also.

On the highway there were lots of cars and we had to stop so that we could find a way for the big RV to get through. I got off Daryl's bike and my legs felt like jelly and I nearly fell over but Daryl caught me with a small chuckle.

"Hey Daryl?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I call you Papa Daryl? I never had a papa before."

He was silent for a minute before he turned to look at me dead in the eye.

"If ya want I don care."

"I love you Papa Daryl."

"Mmhhm."

I smiled and hugged his legs. He told me to go and put my bag and Toby on his motorcycle so that they don't go missing and then go to Carl and Sophia.

"Hey Diego."

"Hi Carl. Hi Sophia." We started to look through a car and Carl asked how I got Toby.

"My big brothers gotted him for me when I was a baby. My brothers are the bestest. My biggest is my Dean and he loves pie and he is four years older than my Sammy!"

Carl went to say something but Rick rushed over.

"Under the cars now! Get under the cars."

We didn't ask any questions as Sophia grabbed my arm and we both went under a car while Rick and Carl went under two others.

Then I saw it. The monsters. I started to whimper and slightly tug on my fingers as Sophia cried softly too. I couldn't see Papa Daryl anywhere and I got even more scared. What if the monsters got him?

Less and less went past and Sophia poked her head out the side of the car to get out but there were two monsters there. Sophia screamed and pushed me out the other side causing me to badly scrape my right arm and leg and they quickly started to bleed.

By now I was sobbing and Sophia pulled me over the railing and we ran down a slope. Sophia was quicker than me and she dug her nails into my arm causing marks. Suddenly arms scooped us up and it was Rick!

"Shoot them, shoot them!" Sophia cried desperately clawing at Rick's cool shiny gun.

"No. Them walkers on the road would hear it and then there wouldn't be just two it would be hundreds."

Rick picked us up and ran to a creek and put me and Sophia in a hole. I panicked because I don't like water and it was up to my knees meaning all my feet were wet too. Gross.

"No, no, Mister Rick don't leave us please." I cried sadly. Sammy and Dean never left me alone.

"It's okay, you both are gonna be just fine okay. If I don't make it back, run back to the highway, back to the others straight the way we came. Keep the sun on your left shoulder."

Rick then ran off attracting the monsters towards him and away from us. A noise spooked Sophia and she thought it was a monster but it was a buck like the ones Sammy and Dean used to bring home. I tried to tell her but she wouldn't listen. She said she was older so I had to listen to her. She grabbed my arm and dragged me through the woods.

We turned around a tree and there was a monster and Sophia screamed and pushed me back causing me to fall over on my back and my hat off Shane fell off my head. The monster was getting closer and Sophia looked at me then said sorry and ran away.

She left me! I started to sob and tried to find Sophia but it was no use the monster was still behind me and I cried even louder. I didn't know how to get back to the highway, to get back to Papa Daryl. I don't know my left from my right. I can barely write my last name properly!

Out of nowhere a woman came running on a horse in my direction and hit the monster with a baseball bat.

"Hey hey hey are you alright? Little girl? Are you alone?"

"I need to gets back. I needs to find them" I panicked

The lady picked me up and put me on her horse and I conked out out of exhaustion.

When I woke up I was in a room with wight walls and that lady from before. I had plasters where I scraped my arm and leg. I sat up and whimpered which caught her attention.

"Hey. I'm Maggie Greene what might your name be?"

"I'm umm my name is Diego Winchester and i is four years old"

"Okay hi Diego. Can you tell me where you came from why you were in the woods alone?"

"Me and Sophia gotted chased by monsters from the highway. I needs to get back. Papa Daryl will be worried"

"You have a group on the highway?"

"Yeah can we go to finds them now please"

"I'll tell you what. We can make a deal yeah?" I nodded my head "what if I give you some dinner and we go to bed and in the morning I'll go out on my horse and try to find your group yeah?"

"Mkay"

So we did just that. Maggie gave me some mashed potatoes! And I ate them all up and I even had some milk. Maggie said milk comes from cows and they have some here. She also said they had chickens which gave them eggys!

Maggie lead me to one of their spare rooms after I met her family. Maggies daddy is Santa in real life! His name is Hershel and she has a little sister called Beth who has a boyfriend called Jimmy. Sammy and Dean said if I ever get a boyfriend they would kill him. Also there was Patritia and Otis too. He was a hunter like Papa Daryl but Daryl is way cooler.

I didn't end up sleeping and neither did Maggie. She changed my clothes, bathed me and put my hair up in two pig tails. We ended up staying on the swing seat on the porch all night looking at the stars. I told her all about my big brothers and about Papa Daryl and Sophia and Carl. Plus the rest of the group too. I couldn't sleep because I didn't have Toby or Papa Daryl to snuggle with. I wonder if they are okay. Did Sophia make it back to the highway to the others? I hope she did.

The sun eventually rose and Otis went out to hunt. Maggie said I had to eat breakfast before we went to look for my friends at the highway so I shovelled eggys and bacon in my mouth and gulped my milk. I couldn't wait to see Papa Daryl again. I really missed him.

Me and Maggie went onto the porch and we saw something in the distance so Maggie grabbed some funny goggle things that make things bigger. I squinted my eyes but I couldn't see what it was.

"Dad!"

Maggie yelled. Everybody came out to see what the commotion was about. Then the figure got closer and a smile stretched across my face.

"RICK!"

But there was something wrong. He was carrying a sleeping Carl. But he was bleeding... a lot ... What happened?