ch. 4

A/N: I guess this is the last chapter of this story

IGNORE THE LAST PART OF THE GIF

"I'm sorry.. I hurt you. Again. Times like these I wish I was a better husband for you, but I don't know how to be. I can't control my tongue, as you can tell."

She broke the slight eye contact that they had and looked out the window.

"How about we call in tomorrow. Just you and me, all day. How does that sound?
 she suggested.

She looks at him and wondered if she should let him off the hook that easily. 

"No, can't. I have to go in tomorrow."

"You and I both know we can afford to take a day off. I thought I was the one that was married to her work, but here I am suggesting that we take the day off." 

Looking at their hands he sighs. "There was a patient today."

That certainly caught her attention. 

"He was in for a minor from falling off his broom. The nurses were bombarded with a bout of accidental magic fro the kid in room 207, so I decided to check up on him."

The moment he recognized who I was, he went off yelling how he didn't want a death eater taking care of him."

Well, that sure got her by surprise, anger boiling inside her. "What? How did I not hear about this? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" 

"It's not like I wanted the entire wing to blabber on about the death eater taking care of him. The nurses, merlin knows how bloody amazing they are at their job, but it does not to them from spreading gossip like wildfire with patients.

But as he said 'once a death eater, always a death eater', and that just kind of... got the better of me I suppose. A bloody awful excuse to act the way I did.." he explained, quoting his patient from earlier.

Draco looked up at her, meeting her worried gaze. He too was at a loss for words, but she spoke up again. "Draco, you have long been exonerated from your actions during the war. Everyone knows Voldemort was using your family's name to establish power."

"I'm sorry Hermione... I love you. Don't forget that. if I do this again do not hesitate to turn me into a bloody ferret because I'll surely deserve it.

Giving in fully, she wrapped her arms around and leans her head around his shoulders." It's alright. You had a bad day. Patients aren't in their right minds most of the time." 

"That's a stupid excuse. I'm just an idiot. Your husband is a bloody arse."

She smiled, "Yeah, he is sometimes. But he's my idiot. And I love him."

He lets go of her and she pulls away to look at him. Placing his hand on her cheek, he rubs the tear stains away.

"Please don't cry anymore."

"I won't. I promise. As long as you remember that I am here for you, Draco."

He points to his lips. "Kiss me first." His lips starting to form that infamous smirk of his.

She rolled her eyes and gave him a small peck on the lips, and pulled away, only for him to wrap his arms tightly around her waist, pulling her even closer. 

 Missing the feeling, she melted into him and kissed him in return.  A few minutes later, they pull away and lay back down. He turned to his side and draped his arm across her stomach, caressing her waist. She leaned into his embrace, placing her head against his chest.

She smiled and look up at him, only to find him staring already. He bends his neck and kisses the tip of her nose.

"You're beautiful, and an incredibly amazing wife, Minnie."

She glared at him. "It's either Mione or Hermione, you ferret."

He chuckled as she closes her eyes." Good night then Mione. Dream about me and only me," he whispers. " And I will take you up on that offer of yours. I'll send an owl to the nurses first thing in the morning to sort out our appointments and manage our wings."

She drifted off to sleep with a small smile on her face, feeling his warmth around her. A day all to themselves had been long overdue, and she couldn't wait to spend an entire day with him, free of patients or hurrying down hallways. 

But she loved it. 

She loved him. 

She loved her idiot husband. 

A/N: didn't think it would turn out this way...oh well.