Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - Desperation

Izuku walked out of his room, with a gloomy look plastered on his face with a dark aura around him. He wasn't able to sleep last night, especially knowing the fact that he finally admitted that he does have feelings for Ochako.

But since when did those feelings start growing?

He doesn't know and never did he ever imagine that he would fall in love. He wasn't interested in these things and never paid attention to it or just doesn't care if he has no love life.

But after meeting her, getting to know her, Izuku just never felt so overwhelmed getting caught up with these confusing and new feelings towards her.

He knew now. He finally understands that he does love her after all.

What should he do now?

"Kaminari, are you going to school today?"

Izuku asked, after knocking on his door. But there was no response. With his concern, he opened the door to make sure.

He saw Kaminari, still laying on his bed, hiding under blanket, staring at the ceiling, blank as always.

Izuku sighed in frustration. He felt sorry for Kaminari for the loss of his father. But not because of that, he made Jirou cried. Even though it wasn't his fault, he didn't do anything about it but just witness the love of his life wept infront of him.

The depression in him has taken over him, which unabled him to do anything at all.

"Take care." He said as he left him alone.

-

Izuku entered the campus. Just right after he entered, he felt his phone vibrated, as he saw a message sent from Iida.

"Midoriya-kun, I won't be going to school today. I have something to take care of. Sorry!"

He cocked an eyebrow, surprised seeing Iida skipping school once in his life. He never would have done that ever. But he just shrugged it off, giving a reply back to him as he entered the classroom.

Suddenly, he felt his heart thumping even louder. The room he's in is the same room where his crush was. He squirmed as his eyes immediately eyed at Ochako's direction, just taking a glimpse of her to make it as subtle as possible.

Unfortunately, something was off.

Ochako didn't show up.

No sign of her at all. Is she absent today? What happened? Is she sick? Is she not feeling well? Is she alright?

It worried Izuku a lot. Class was going to start really soon and she's pretty late. Or maybe she's not going to attend class today. What happened?

"Midoriya-kun." Someone called.

"What?" He turned around, finding Jirou.

She then said. "H-How is... he?" Her tone was utterly dull and low. She sounded very awful, it's like she doesn't want to say it.

He answered back. "He's still in his room. Just laying down. He's not eating properly and he just shuts himself in there."

She gave off a frown as a response. "I-I see."

"What really happened actually? Does it have to do it between the both of you?"

She didn't answer. Afraid he might be mad at her for knowing that she was the cause of his condition.

Izuku took it as a yes already. "Look, you can talk it out with him there later."

She widened her eyes, surprised, with her brows saddening. "Talk to him? It's my fault and I know he hates me now. I went too far on him," Her frown got even scrunched up. "God, I'm so stupid."