Chapter Thirty: The Freedom Fighters

Weeks passed, but not one day went by without June asking Reegan if his ship had arrived. "It's coming but it's moving slow!" Reegan would reply. It took a while for Reegan to remember where he parked it last. Which was the docking port on the Poladean Ship.

"My ship is docked in Nal's. She must have got Toido's message, she could be approaching this planet at a very slow speed," Reegan surmised.

The Queen and her generals remained cautious and ever watchful of Sam and his friends. "It seems all they do is eat our food and then run off to amuse themselves!" Queen TyrAnna would say pointing out how Reegan was always out filming for his television show. She ordered that they all swear an oath to become protectors of the Prophetigress, she also gave them official duties. Reegan and Toido had to complete a military basic training course. And for Sam, Rufus and June they had to go to school with the young Tigris that they rescued.

Tafficious became their teacher for a majority of their classes. He taught logic, reasoning and how to debate. There were history and geography lessons planned in Tafficious curriculum as well but he was saving those for a later semester.

Candillice was tasked with teaching music lessons, June enjoyed this class the most. And Carlyle taught the children life skills that consisted mainly of surviving in the wilderness, running obstacle courses and sword training sessions.

Some days Sam would visit the infirmary after school to visit the old Tigris with Reegan and Toido. The old Tigris had not spoken in weeks and was getting weaker. Sam was happy to help with feeding the old one through the mask which Toido still insisted was neccessary until his situation improved. Toido believed it might take a while still.

"It was a strong poison they were using on him I wonder why?" Reegan said, Toido replied with a loud electronic sigh noise.

"Toido wishes he had more advanced tech than what was in your fathers car," Reegan explained.

"What about that one thing? The Genetic harp?" Sam asked and pointed where Toido was keeping the device safe in its compartment.

"Its not that kind of healing device and it only works on Human DNA," Reegan replied.

After visiting the old Tigris, Sam left to see Candillice. She and Sam were spending quite a lot of time together out side of classes which Carlyle was beginning to feel jealous of. Before it would be that Carlyle would visit her during those hours, but now his Protector duties took precedence. He decided to volunteer for guard duty one night to watch what they were up to, he watched them and learned that Candillice was giving Sam extra lessons in sword training, jumping and climbing.

During the children's life skills class the next day Carlyle was observing Sam and noted how good he was at running the obstacle courses and keeping up with the other Tigris children. June and Rufus could barely keep up with them for lack of claws and not being as agile.

"You are doing great Sam why it is almost like you are part of the pack!" Carlyle said as he patted him on the back.

"Thanks Carlyle!" Sam replied. This was all very new to Sam as he was used to not fitting in. But he was really beginning to feel like he was fitting in here. His eyes turned to watch his new friends and he thought about how difficult it would be to leave this place. He turned his eyes back to Carlyle who had a serious expression on his face as he apparently had more to say.

"But you are not a Tigris Sam. It's very important you remember that."

Strange things began to happen as Candillice and the generals would begin to strategize on how to free the occupied territories beyond the wall. They were finding that the towns closest to the wall had already become liberated of their Grotesques oppressors. There were also rumours of a hero that had vanquished the Grotesques and freed the Tigris in these towns. Rumours of a knight in shining white armour.