Chapter Eight

Sarina and I exchanged looks. I'm doomed. Xavier and his dad are here and I don't, absolutely do not, want to see them. I thought I would be able to give it a shot, but now I think that I can't. I don't want to get married.

There are many things that I want to do in life, and getting married is not one of them. I want to travel the world, that's just obvious. The weird thing is that I still have to do a lot. I just made up with my twin and I want to have a lot of fun with her.

I can't just make up with my twin two weeks before I get married. I want to know her better. I know there is more behind that slutty sister I've always known. I want to know her good side more. I've just known her for a week and now I have to get married after two weeks without even knowing my twin.

I just want to murder the two monsters I got as my parents. I hate them. They ruined my life. I don't want any of this to happen. I wish I could rewind and stop all of this. I curse the day I was born.

"Are you ready for all this?" Sarina asked.

I shook my head ruefully. I'm not ready for anything. I want to stay how I want. I don't want to get married yet. I have many dreams to go for yet and I can't do that when I'm married.

"I'm not ready for anything. I don't want to get married. I barely even talked to him. It's like I'm going to spend my life with another version of my parents." I complained.

Sarina frowned sympathetically and placed her hands on my shoulders. I know that she wants the same as me. I know that she doesn't want me to get married to Xavier. I also know that she doesn't want to lose me so quickly. In addition, I don't want that either.

I want to spend more time with her. I want to go out with her, I want to do things I never did in my teenage years with her. I want to prank my parents with her. There is more in life than getting married to some ugly billionaire guy. Okay, he's not ugly, but you got the hint.

"Sarina, do something." I pleaded.

"Babe, I can't do anything. It's not my decision. And I don't want to risk you getting sold to some pedophile." she sighed.

"But what if he isn't a good guy either? What if he cheats on me? What if he actually doesn't like me?" I rambled.

"Twin, look, I can't do anything now, but I can at least try to let you guys get to know each other. I have seen the note and the flowers, I have seen the bracelet, and I have seen how Xavier looks at you. I think he likes you and so does Mr. Rodriguez." she said and I sighed.

"But, what I also saw is the bad intention our parents have behind all this. All I'm going to ask you now, do you need help running away?" Sarina said. I nodded.

I don't care if they find me, I don't care. I need to get out of here and stop all the nonsense. I need to go away from here, but, where will I go?

It looks like I have many options, but I don't. I don't know what to do. I don't know if marrying Xavier is a positive thing, neither do I know if running away is the right thing to do. What if I tell Xavier everything? Will he call off the wedding? That's going to be a good thing, right?

"But what if I tell Xavier everything?" I asked and she thought for a while.

"I think that that could be an option. Let's go." she said and I nodded.

Sarina took my hand in hers and we walked into the living room. Everyone seemed shocked about Sarina and my unison, but we just smirked at each other and took our seats on the sofa. After politely greeting our guests, Sarina smiled at my mother and said,

"Mom, why don't you let these two talk to each other in privacy? I think it'll be a good thing to let them know each other a little." Sarina said and I looked at them, hoping they agree.

Surprisingly, they agreed and Sarina grinned like an idiot who just won the world cup or something. I shook my head as I stood up and walked to the kitchen with Xavier following me.

I leaned against the counter and nervously looked at Xavier. He was wearing a blue V-neck with jeans. No suit this time, I see. I was just about to say something, but then Xavier beat me to it.

"Thank for agreeing to the marriage." he started. "I really don't know how to repay you. You saved my father's life if you put it in that way." he smiled at me gratefully.

"What do you mean I saved your father's life? I didn't do anything like that." I frowned.

"Yes, you did." he smiled. "He's been a heart patient for years now, and the doctor said that if he stresses too much, he may lose his life, so I had to try everything to keep him happy. The day he saw you he felt like he found the daughter he wanted for years. He really started liking you and soon, being with you made him happy. Then he came with the alliance and you agreed. Thank you so much, Hadley." he said.

I looked at him. He looked at me. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I was the reason Mr. Rodriguez was happy. If I tell Xavier everything, I'm going to be the reason Mr. Rodriguez may die. I can't do that.

"I don't know what to say." I managed to say.

He smiled at me and shook his head. "You don't have to."

"B-but, I don't know if I'm ready for all this." I blurted.

He sighed and took a step closer. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and he looked at me, our gazes locked. For a second I thought that we were about to have some staring contest if it wasn't for him talking.

"I know all this is hard for you. All I want you to ask is to help me let my father live a little bit longer. That's all I ask for, and I promise you that I won't have any physical contact with you. We can stay as friends. If you have no problem." he said.

I stared at the floor, trying to take all of this in. Mr. Rodriguez, the man with who all my happiness started with, his life is in danger, and he likes me so much that he wants his son to get married to me.

It's now all up to me. I have to take a step and choose. The big step to choose the life of whom all my happiness started with, or the free life I want to live now.

I can't just let an innocent man die. I can do anything to keep Mr. Rodriguez happy. I wouldn't want him to leave soon. Except for that, I read somewhere that life's worth taking risks for.

So shall I risk my happiness for this man? What if I marry Xavier and still am happy? However, I don't want to ruin both of our lives. This is a huge step.

I, Hadley Novak, the girl who always hated herself, am now wishing that I could be good for something. All my life I've been worthless. Maybe helping Xavier safe a life would at least make me feel better.

I glanced at Xavier and he was watching me with hopeful eyes. I can't just go and crush his world. I can't just take away the man he has always loved. I want; no, I need to help Xavier. If me marrying him will keep his father happy and lets him live a few days longer, I will do it. I will do it for the sake of Mr. Rodriguez.

"Xavier, I'll help." I said and smiled weakly when his face brightened up.

"Thank you so much." he said hugging me.

I froze. My eyes were wide and sparks of shocks raged over my whole body. The reaction of my body confused me a little too much. It was just a hug. It meant nothing.

He pulled away and smiled. "Thanks again." he said and I nodded. We then walked back into the living room and I sat down next to Sarina. She looked at me, silently asking me if it went all right.

I shook my head and she closed her eyes and sighed when I shook my head. I looked at Mr. Rodriguez. He looked so... happy...

He was smiling, laughing and I didn't have the courage to say no anymore. This isn't about my parents anymore. This is about Mr. Rodriguez now. This is about his life now...

---

I hope it was good...

Thank you people for all the votes and all, I love it.

I really don't know what to say though, so I'm just going to go before things get awkward...

Bye

-vote

-comment

-follow