The Light's Backstabbing

Last Time:

"You've never met my owl. Say hello, Hedwig." Cache smirked knowing full well that Hedwig was glaring at him from her highest perch.

XXXXXXXXXX

Trocar was impressed., He started with teaching runes and showed the blonde the alphabet of runes. Cache quickly proved that he could recall all the rune symbols in only a few hours by writing them out and since he had a good grasp of it they started simple means of weaving the runes together ...

"I see what you want to try, but putting this rune like that will cause your iPod to be ... for lack of a better word, toasted." said Trocar.

Cache frowned, "Runes are tricky- ... oops! Hold that thought!" The boy hopped up to stir his potion not seeing the vampire roll his crimson eyes. The young wizard didn't seem to realize that memorizing the entire alphabet of runes in a few hours was not something you call 'tricky'. Trocar knew Cache will advance quickly in this subject.

Trocar wondered something as he watched his student. He has been around a long time and he knew by the scent on the cauldron it only recently came into the boy's possession. "Does that cauldron belong to someone else?" Cache flinched confirming the vampire's suspicions, "I know you had a difficult life." Trocar chuckled as Cache looked at him in shock, "I'm hundreds of years old and a former teacher. I have seen many people in similar circumstances ... talking helps."

The blonde stared at the red eyes for a few seconds before turning back to the potion in complete silence. He carefully pulled the cauldron off the stove top once it was done and lit the red candle to melt some wax while the potion cooled. It was very quiet ... except for the kneazles playing tag. The feeling of the vampire's eyes on his back was nerve-racking, but ... comforting at the same time.

Harry wasn't sure what to do. He knew talking helped after seeing Griphook, but would the vampire report him? ... no, it was unlikely. From what little he has seen so far Vampires and werewolves don't trust the ministry. Not surprising considering the absurd restrictions on them, but should he reveal who he is? Harry Potter isn't exactly loved here in Knockturn Alley, but then he only got the impression from Hagrid who made sure to emphasize that people were hunting him and that he wouldn't be safe on his own or near here.

The silence lingered as he bottled his potions and packaged them in a box with handles Sanguini had in the owlery for mailing. A dribble of wax on the box sealed it and Harry pressed the ring into the wax. With a clear mark and a lightweight charm Hedwig flew off down stairs to go through the owlery so no windows needed to be opened to risk the vampires. The thought of having Hedwig mailing things made him a little nervous at first, but not anymore. He noted several white owls in the owlery delivering mail when he went to get the packing box and asked Trocar about it. Apparently the fact that the 'Boy Who Lived' had a snowy white owl meant that other people had to have one too.

A little creepy, but if it meant Hedwig could fly freely then this the one time he's thankful for the hero worship only this once. Of course, if he returns with Poppy a any point he needed to disguise Hedwig so no one recognizes her, but that issue is covered. He'll just make another set of his own disguise potion with a different binder and change Hedwig's coloring now that he tested his for a good amount of time.

Hedwig already picked the colors she wanted ...

Cache sighed as he watched his owl leave and sat on the couch with Trocar, "I'm only 11 almost 12 years old and I was raised by my muggle aunt and uncle ... they hate anything magic." He glanced at the vampire who was listening intently. "For the 10 years I lived with them I thought magic didn't exist and that I was a freak ... it wasn't until my letter for school came that they finally told me I was a wizard, but they didn't actually admit it until 100 more letters and a school representative came to get me ... I remember the disgust on their faces."