To Protect

Last Time:

Against the others warnings Harry insisted on taking the unconscious wizard back to his apartment to tend to the injuries ... under the watchful gaze of Trocar and Frank, of course ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Just put him on the couch." Harry said as Trocar and Frank followed him out of the floo and into his apartment with an unconscious wizard between them. They did as asked, but Frank made a point of dropping Severus's legs rougher than needed. "Gently." Harry muttered as the werewolf plopped in the chair. Trocar, at least, didn't drop the man's head on the couch's arm.

One by one each person flooed into the room and slowly left through Harry's door, but Greyback paused after glancing at the unconscious wizard, "If he causes any trouble get us." He said as his pack members left the room along with almost everyone else. Armel was the only other vampire besides Trocar who stayed in the room though Harry suspected there were several vampires just outside in the hall.

"And keep the door open." Sanguini said seriously, but before Harry could say anything the vampire landlord stopped at the door and just decided to pop it off its hinges removing any chance that anything in the room will go unheard. The teen wanted to pout, but friend or not the vampire did own the place and was only trying watch out for him so he kept quiet.

Harry sighed as he pulled out his bottomless green bag filled with some extra healing potions that he keeps in his pocket for emergencies, "Clearly tackling would not have gone well."

"No kidding." Frank muttered as Harry started cleaning a cut on the wizard's shoulder after brushing off the smoldering embers. "The guy is very strong ... where did he go and what did he destroy though?"

Trocar frowned as he picked a charred woodchip off the ground, "Good question."

"Yeah ... whatever it was it fell on him too ... hey, Trocar, can you get the towels over there?" Harry asked, but when the vampire turned to get the towels Harry hissed in pain ...

In an instant Trocar, Frank, Armel and everyone from downstairs went to the young wizard's side and none were not happy with what they saw. Severus had opened his eyes and grabbed Harry's wrist in a painful vice like grip. It was possible the potion master had no clue he was hurting Harry. In fact, the young wizard was certain that his mentor was still out cold since his eyes, though open, were dazed as if he was asleep. That didn't matter to the dark creatures who flooded the room and were baring their fangs or pointing their wands at Severus ready to rip him to shreds. Armel was the fastest and had Severus's wrist in a flash. The same wrist of the hand clutching Harry's wrist ...

"It's fine, you guys-ah ... he's not doing it on purpose-ow ... he's asleep." Harry argued in the man's defense even though he was wincing as the grip on his wrist got stronger.

"I say we wake him then." said Armel whose eyes were darker than every vampire there and Harry flinched as he heard the snapping sound of a bone breaking followed by a pained cry ...

Armel broke Severus' wrist ...

The potion master was now truly awake and he unknowingly released Harry's wrist in an instinctual attempt to get away from the pain, but Armel wasn't letting go of the wizard any time soon. "Let me go." Severus glared at the vampire who remained as still as a statue while holding the busted human's limb and none of the other Dark creatures made any move to help.

Harry sighed and patted Armel's arm, "Let him go. We'll see how he acts now that he's thinking clearly." The silence was tense as the vampire reluctantly dropped the broken wrist and back up a little. "I'm sorry, Severus. It seemed to be the only way to get you to let go of me. Let me see your wrist."