Scars

Last Time:

The two dark creatures blinked like deer caught in the headlights and stayed silent until Trocar turned to Severus and said, "Would it surprise you to know we were once very good at keeping secrets?" Severus couldn't help laughing at that ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Draco smiled as he looked at his father's hands, "The shaking is much less. How do you feel father?"

"Incredible. The dull constant pain is gone ... it's not a fast acting potion, but anything that helps is greatly appreciated." Lucius said as he watched his hand flex, "Your apprentice is something else Severus."

Severus nodded with a smug smirk as he examined Narcissa's hands, "Indeed ... Cache is going to help a lot of people with this potion. It may take a week to show its effects, but this is at least a treatment. I can tell him this and maybe he'll finally turn it into the lab."

Narcissi raised an eyebrow, "He hasn't turned this in yet?"

"No, he insisted on trying it on his scars first. This potion may be slow compared to others, but it healed all of his scars ... some of which were extensive." Severus scowled as he remembered some of the scars that were once littering the boy's body, "It wouldn't be chosen for a fast scar removal, but it would be a perfect additive."

Lucius glanced at his son, "Draco, did you finish getting together everything you wanted to bring to Hogwarts?"

"Not quite, father." Draco admitted a little sheepishly. It seems he got a little distracted with watching his godfather checking the progress of the potion.

"The train leaves tomorrow so you better finish. Have Dobby gather some snacks for the ride too ... snacks that aren't candy!" Lucius called as he watched his son head up the stairs and once Draco was out of sight he cast a silencing spell around them, "Severus ... none of us here were true Death Eaters, but though we were alone there we weren't completely free of sins either. So I'm curious as to why you haven't found Cache's abusive relatives and dealt with them ... or have you?"

The professor snorted in amusement as his friends looked at him, "Cache is bright, but he is also living with some very smart and dangerous creatures ... his roommates attacked his relatives. Cache assumed they were dead, but the creatures at Eventide weren't satisfied with a quick death. The people who hurt Cache were locked away, starved, tormented and then turned into a main course for the werewolves. I was lucky to get a few hours alone with them."

"I'll forgive you for not inviting me to the party if you give me a pensieve memory." Lucius said with a vicious smirk.

"Deal." Severus said in amusement. The fact that Lucius never met the Dursleys and wouldn't make any connections was the only reason the professor agreed. If there was even the smallest chance Harry would be revealed before he wanted it then Severus would've refused no matter how trustworthy he knew the Malfoy was.

Narcissa smiled hoping Cache had some closure, "Those creatures didn't tell the boy about their ... activities, right?" asked the Lady Malfoy who was feeling protective over the boy who has done so much for their family.

Severus rolled his eyes, "They never intended for Cache to learn of it and for the most part he was in the dark, but their change in behavior gave him a vague feeling that they were hiding something. He learned everything when a foolish werewolf got a screw in lodged in his jaw."

"What in Merlin's name is a screw?" Lucius asked looking just as confused as his wife.

The potion master sighed, "Muggles don't have sticking charms to hold things together so they use little devices called screws among other things to hold things together. Since muggles also don't have fast healing potions these devices have found a place in the medical field. No matter how common screws are in muggle world Cache apparently can't look at one without remembering a horrifically detailed story his relatives forced him to hear at 7 years old where screws were drilled into bone. A screw was used in the procedures that two of his relatives went through ... it was easy for him to put the pieces together after getting the screw out of the idiot's jaw."