No Wand, No Morals

Last Time:

"Ill? ... if one rumor got out it would be mayhem. I know a couple reporters who'd love to see what they can find." Lucius said with an evil smirk before going up to write a few letters ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Wait ... you were never told who Harry was with? Why? You're really the only family he has. You should've been around him to care for him." Moody scowled at the werewolf who was pacing the hotel room that they charmed for privacy. At first he did consider telling Albus that they were here in the UK again, but as he pressed the werewolf for information he started questioning Albus's story. Why wasn't Remus more involved? Why didn't he even know where Harry lived or who was taking care of him?

Remus winced at the harsh tone the retired auror spoke with, "I wanted too, but I'm a werewolf-"

"Fuck that excuse! That only means you would need a nanny to watch him that one day. At most two days, a month for your change and recovering from it! Other than that you could've raised him just fucking fine! It doesn't mean you should cut yourself out completely and leave your cub with random people! What kind of werewolf are you to allow that?" Moody growled angrily as he slammed his fist against the wall. He was getting fed up with this attitude and lack of knowledge.

"I didn't want to!" Remus snapped in frustration, "Albus wouldn't let me! No matter how many times I begged him to tell me where Harry went he wouldn't tell me. He convinced me it was better that way because of my condition and that there wouldn't be any way I could protect Harry from any number of vengeful Death Eaters-"

"WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT ALONE? ... yes you're a werewolf, big fucking deal! Like I said that's a once monthly problem. So many people owed Harry and would kill to have an opportunity to help. Ask any auror, retired Order member or anyone and they'd help. It would've been the entire fucking magical UK against a few straggling Death Eaters. Sure keeping him a little out of sight is wise, but you can go anywhere without being tracked with a fucking portkey! You had no excuse and should've gone searching. Fuck what Albus said!" Moody ranted in a rage. Afterwards he stood there panting as the werewolf who collapsed onto the bed and hung his head in shame.

Remus finally nodded slowly after a minute feeling like he'd break down crying if he made any sudden movements, "I ... made those points, but he insisted and how could I argue with him after everything he did for me? Besides, he said Harry was being cared for."

"If that was the case then why are you completely out of the loop and haven't been allowed to see him or even given a picture?" Moody asked focusing on pretending Albus wasn't a good friend of his so he can look at this situation as an Auror. "I'm starting to wonder what's really going on here."

"You don't ... you don't think Albus was hurting Harry, right?" Remus asked, but there was a nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was clear something wasn't right.

"I don't know, but one thing is for sure. We aren't being told the whole story." Moody scowled as he thought about any other leads they may have. "James had no relatives, but did Lily?"

Remus looked up with an exhausted sigh, "Yes, but Lily only had a muggle sister who apparently hated her. I doubt Harry would be staying there"

"We'll see ... where does she live?" Moody asked a little calmer than before.

"I don't know the address since she tried her best to give as little details to Lily as possible, but her married name is Dursley, Petunia Dursley." Remus answered as he mentally pleaded that Harry wasn't there of all places.

"Have you ever tried searching through muggle means?" Moody asked and bit back a growl when the werewolf flushed in embarrassment. "Apparently that's a no ... we'll try that in the morning." The retired auror grumbled. He knew he couldn't be too mad since next no one, aurors included, actually consider going through muggle means to get information even if there are muggles involved ...